• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Newbie Question: making shuffle playlist with Scripting?

dFs

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
I have over 100 concert Blu-rays and like my Music collection, I would like to play all the performances that are on the concert Blu-rays Randomly.

Or make a playlist of my favorite performances, then have them played randomly, so that each time I start that playlist, they play in a different order.

Is there a way to do this on Kaliedascape with Scripting or via anyother method?

Thank you for your time and help.

Unfortunately, there is no scripting command to pick a random title or chapter or scene from a specified list. I agree with you this would be great, but they've never added this ability, at least from the end-user "scripting" interface.

There are far more things you can do with a control system and the many custom control commands that Kaleidescape has implemented... but this is more the realm of integrators and not for most end users. You can also issue these commands from TCP/IP (telnet), which is a lot of fun if you're a little bit techie. The guide for this is located here.

FYI, this feature has been requested by others, including me, way back in May of 2006 just a few days after I opened this forum, and other users.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe anyone at Kaleidescape is working on any new features for scripting... it seems to have been abandoned by the company, probably because so few users ever tried it. It hasn't been updated in many many years.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate.

I wonder how difficult it would be for them to add a "Random" script?

Maybe if we can make a petition and have many people request it?

---------------

So let's say I have 50 videos performances.

So to make linear playlist seem random:
I can make several scripts with the 50 videos in different specific orders. And just choose the scripts randomly?

This much is possible, right?

Thanks again for the reply.

Sure... that would work, but not sure it's worth the effort.

It wouldn’t be very hard to generate separate scripts as you can copy over an entire existing script into a new script. Then the re-order is just drag and drop.

John

Let me also add that it would be great to have a random play script option like is available for music playlists on the Premiere system.

John

Back