• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Newbie help needed on removing cataloged titles without discs in UI

nsxboy

I am new to the kaleidescape group and after 10 years finally became an owner of an m700, 3u server and 2 m500's.

My 3U server has enough capacity for 300ish Blu rays and I just spent the last weekend cataloging over 500 blu rays using the m500 and the m700.

Now that I have over 500 blu rays catalogged and likely I won't be ripping all of them to the server given I don't have enough space, Is there a way to hide the movies in the UI that are cataloged but are not ripped into the server and are not in the carousel? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike

I'm not sure you can hide them, but some more experienced guys on here might know. If they are not ripped to the server, or in the disc vault, why do you still want them cataloged?
You can simply put them in the trash can. Later if you want one you can import it.

Unless things changed in a recent KEAOS release, I am not aware of a way to hide cataloged content. The intention with the current behavior is that it allows you to see your entire library without having to remember the ~200 discs that are sitting in your media cabinet. You can also modify the cover art/description of cataloged content and add them to your various movie collections just like an imported title. If you choose to play a cataloged title, you will be asked to insert the disc as a reminder that it is cataloged.

I'd actually like to see all my Store content that is not downloaded behave the same way. If I were to select a title, it would prompt me to download it.

I am new to the kaleidescape group and after 10 years finally became an owner of an m700, 3u server and 2 m500's.

My 3U server has enough capacity for 300ish Blu rays and I just spent the last weekend cataloging over 500 blu rays using the m500 and the m700.

Now that I have over 500 blu rays catalogged and likely I won't be ripping all of them to the server given I don't have enough space, Is there a way to hide the movies in the UI that are cataloged but are not ripped into the server and are not in the carousel? Any suggestions?

Thanks so much in advance!

Mike
What was your aim in cataloging all of the discs? Was it so that you could do disc-to-digital conversions, or something else?

I was cataloging so I can do bulk disc to digital conversion and prep for an Stratos purchase in the future. I'm hoping that there may be some black friday offers or opportunities coming up over the holidays. I've now catalogued just about all 500 in the system via my m500, and have purchased a handful of 4k packages (that includes the downgraded HD and SD formats) and worked great.

Along the lines of hiding cataloged only content, it sure would be nice to filter the Covers and List views by some of the other metadata already present. This can be done in a limited way now with parental controls where content above a certain rating is hidden. It would be awesome if one could also hide content below a certain rating (hide the kids movies), filter by main genre, filter by resolution (HD or better, UHD or better, etc.), hide cataloged content, show only cataloged content, etc.

I was cataloging so I can do bulk disc to digital conversion and prep for an Stratos purchase in the future. I'm hoping that there may be some black friday offers or opportunities coming up over the holidays. I've now catalogued just about all 500 in the system via my m500, and have purchased a handful of 4k packages (that includes the downgraded HD and SD formats) and worked great.
Okay, that's a totally sensible use case. Just wanted to be sure. FYI, you can do disc-to-digital purchases for a disc in the tray of your player, without cataloging it, but if you want to be able to do a bulk purchase, then cataloging is the way to go.

The original intent of cataloging discs was exactly to have movies that are not on your system show up in your onscreen display, so we never foresaw a use case where you'd want to hide them. Obviously, this is such a case, and the more generalized filtering capabilities AlienWarlock mentions also make sense. Thanks for the suggestions! We've talked about doing filtering for some time, but it has not yet made it to the top of the to-do list.

Wanted to chime in here, as I’ve recently catalogued about 700 Blu-ray Discs using an Alto..

I’ve paired the Alto with my Strato to see all titles in one interface. However, I’ve set up a ‘Digital’ collection within the K system to segregate all the ‘downloaded’ titles. This allows me to easily switch between all titles and just the ones locally stored on the server by selecting the digital collection. Anytime I download a new title, I add in to the ‘Digital’ collection. Not sure if this would address your specific predicament but works great in my use case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+1 Vote for being able to filter this list. After cataloguing my collection via a borrowed player, the home screen feels unusable for actually picking a movie I can watch on my Strato C. Can I _undo_ cataloguing discs in my collection? Like remove them completely?

+1 Vote for being able to filter this list. After cataloguing my collection via a borrowed player, the home screen feels unusable for actually picking a movie I can watch on my Strato C. Can I _undo_ cataloguing discs in my collection? Like remove them completely?
I had the same problem. But as others explained to me, you can delete them from your list using the browser screen and they will no longer be displayed in covers or list but you still get the D2D offers because K retain them on file.

The alternate is to maintain the bought movies in a collection as others have said. I did this but you have to be disciplined because if you forget to add one you won’t see it. But that doesn’t fix the covers or list screen so I went for the delete option.

Might be worth ensuring you have a copy of the catalogued disk before you delete them all. I just copied them from the screen into an excel sheet.

Might be worth searching for the instructions that someone posted.

Yes, as Oldred says, once the discs have been cataloged and the system has uploaded your inventory information to the headend, there's really no need to keep the cataloged entries on your system anymore. You could always do a quick sanity check by looking on the store to ensure that you're seeing Disc-to-Digital offers on movies you've cataloged, just to be sure that the inventory uploaded successfully.

To remove the cataloged entries, go to the Movies tab in your system's browser interface. You can sort that list by media type, then just tick the boxes next to the disc-based media and then click the Delete button at the bottom of the page.

Mike, quick question. Is there an easy way to discern which of the disc based media (bluray) that are catalogged, which are not currently residing in the M700 for identification and removal in the browser interface? I've catalogged over 400 and currently only have 140 discs in the M700 and would have to have to click on each one to find out. Thanks so much in advance.

Ah, interesting. Didn't realize that you were intending to leave some in the vault. That does make it more challenging. My home Strato/Terra system does not have a Disc Vault associated (I have a Co-Star configuration), so I'm not sure -- does your browser interface have a Disc Vaults tab? On Premiere, that tab will show all the discs that are in the vault. You could put that list up in a window or print it, then refer to that list for each title you're checking for ejection. A bit more effort, but easier than clicking every one individually.

Back