• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

new user looking for some advice on our old system

oxfordaudio

Hi my name is Adam i am a dealer from the Uk and we have an old Kscape system in our very old and tired looking cinema room.
we are looking to completely update the entire system including the new cinema one and a vault setup with the aim of selling single room cinema systems from it at a price of around ?25,000.
The current system we have in our demo room is the:
Kplayer M300
Ksystem 120
Kvault10

This when it was new was a bit to expensive for the price we are looking at for the entire room so of course we never sold many of them, i think we got ahead of our selves in what we could sell at the time.
once the new cinema one system came out this new system at it's lower retail price is now a better option for us.

So we are looking to sell of the old system but have no idea what it is worth or if it is better for us to sell it off in separate units.

Any advice would be a great help and ideas on the best place to sell it off also.

regards
Adam

Step one: Look at completed auctions on eBay for the components above.
Step two: Become very sad.

--Donnie

Funny you mention eBay i just had a quick look after i posted this up and i would struggle to get much for it. such a shame.
i would keep it but it doesn't sound good any more compared to new stuff running dts-hd etc.

Kaleidescape should never be sold on what the boxes look like. You have the HD interface and Blu-ray support in your current system, so you have everything you need to sell a cinema one. The customer doesn't need to know that your demo system has half the DVD capacity and an old vault, the experience will be the same.

Kevin D.

Kaleidescape should never be sold on what the boxes look like. You have the HD interface and Blu-ray support in your current system, so you have everything you need to sell a cinema one. The customer doesn't need to know that your demo system has half the DVD capacity and an old vault, the experience will be the same.

Kevin D.

The interface is good but the system is let down audio side of things , is the new cinema one better?

We have an arcam bdp300 and that blows it away for audio quality and we know arcam tends to break a lot

The interface is good but the system is let down audio side of things , is the new cinema one better?

We have an arcam bdp300 and that blows it away for audio quality and we know arcam tends to break a lot

I think you may be having some setup problems as the audio on the K is excellent. The only issue that it has is that it can not decode the latest audio codecs internally (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD) so you need to do a bitstream passthrough to a pre/pro or receiver to decode these.

I used the Ksystem 120 for my 2-channel vintage audio system and I thought the internal DAC's were very good.

John

Yes, the M300 you own has recent version HDMI outputs, and can easily output DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby TrueHD, as well as Atmos. It doesn't get much more current than that. Maybe your pre-pro or receiver could stand a bit of an update?

Apologize, just saw that this thread is pretty old. Anyway, the advice stands, if they still have the system.

Since this was mentioned, just to clarify for anyone reading the above post, what HiFiGuy1 is saying is the M300 will output the Bitstream for DTS-MA and Dolby TrueHD, it does not decode internally. You need a Receiver or PrePro that can decode the HD codecs. If a K Player is used to decode the audio (as opposed to sending Bitstream) you are limited to the core 5.1 channels of DTS or Dolby.

Jim

Yep, I thought that was pretty clear in my post, but after re-reading, I see where further clarification could certainly be useful. Thank you, Jim!

Back