• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Unfolded Circle Remote (f.k.a. YIO)

cinesam

I am still looking for a reasonably priced remote control. To be used only in the theater room to control lights - Lutron caseta, AV gear and Kaleidescape. Easy to program by me. Any such remotes available?

I am still looking for a reasonably priced remote control. To be used only in the theater room to control lights - Lutron caseta, AV gear and Kaleidescape. Easy to program by me. Any such remotes available?
I'm waiting for this before I decide what to replace my Harmony Elite with.

what price range are you thinking is reasonable? I like RTI, and have both my iphone and a T4x hard controller for my lights, kscape, Oppo and Trinnov, its very flexible.

I'm waiting for this before I decide what to replace my Harmony Elite with.

Looks a bit like the neeo which was brought out by Control 4 unfortunately as now need a dealer to program it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks a bit like the neeo which was brought out by Control 4 unfortunately as now need a dealer to program it

I was a NEEO backer and my remote was hobbled with an auto-update the night before they announced the C4 deal.

The Yio founders are well aware and have made it very clear that they have no plans to close off the product/system. They also seem to have been burnt in the NEEO deal.

The NEEO has been a terrible product. It's on my "worst" list of 2022, for sure. I really cross my fingers that they do better with the Halo line.

The NEEO has been a terrible product. It's on my "worst" list of 2022, for sure. I really cross my fingers that they do better with the Halo line.
The NEEO was fantastic in its original state. C4 must've ruined it, because it was a fantastic remote that exceeded my Harmony Elite in every way, until they pushed an unwanted update that broke all my automations and made it impossible to re-add my projector to the device.

Yes a waste of money gathering dust as no longer functioning on of the reasons I no longer back anything

Looks very interesting... hope to hear more good things about it as it gets into users' hands. Could definitely use this.

I’ve had this remote in-house since December. The documentation is non-existent and support is spotty. I spent most of the first 60 days beating my head against the wall, researching, and learning Home Assistant.

Then a few weekends ago I had a big open block of time so I completely erased my Home Assistant installation and the Remote 2 and started over with everything I’d absorbed.

I’ve been using it ever since, and it’s been fantastic except for one item.

My equipment is
JVC Projector
Anthem processor
Lumagen Radiance Pro
Kaleidescape
AppleTV
SeymourAV Proscenium Motorized Masking Screen

Everything but the Lumagen and the screen masking has an integration in either HA or the Remote 2. The only IR I’m using is a few commands for the Kaleidescape. The Lumagen uses an outdated IR set that needs to be modified before Unfolded Circle (YiO) can add to the database, which is in the works.

I’m using the Home Assistant integrations to control lighting and (very soon) masking based on triggers from the Kaleidescape and AppleTV.

The remote hardware is very nice and refined. The dock IR is very narrow so placement is picky unless you use the repeaters.

Overall I’m pretty pleased with the remote, but again, there’s a learning curve and things that still need to be implemented.

No way to bridge commands to serial somehow through Home Assistant? My Radiance is controlled via serial from my Control4.

No way to bridge commands to serial somehow through Home Assistant? My Radiance is controlled via serial from my Control4.
If I knew anything about code, I could probably do it, I've found an RPi applet that will control it, I just have zero clue how to make it into a Home Assistant integration.

I know Jim has supplied a smaller IR subset of codes that they plan to implement, but my hope is to find someone who can create a Home Assistant integration.

Back