• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Store Look

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I just checked the store and it has a new look. Also, you can now sort by price range, critic score range and target age range. Very nice!

John

Last edited:
Additionally, TV content has been separated from movie content and is viewable by genre.

One quick correction: you can filter on price range but not sort by it.

Yes, price, critic rating and age are all filters on the primary sort. You can still use rating as a primary sort as was the case previously.

John

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I cannot unselect the "show movies that I own" in the upgrade options. That will make it so much faster when they get the next studio online so I can one click all the titles I can unslot for a couple bucks a piece. I guess they will fix that little glitch soon.

That's actually functioning correctly. In order for titles to show up in either section of the "My Kaleidescape" section, you have to already own it on some format (not necessarily purchased from the Kaleidescape store).

Digital Offers
Titles that appear in the "Digital Offers" section are all movies that are available on the Kaleidescape store that you already own a different version of (e.g. on DVD/Blu-ray or as a DVD Quality download from the store) that you can either perform a $1.99 Disc-to-Digital upgrade or a $5.99 SD-to-HD upgrade on.

If you were to uncheck the "Include the movies I own" option on this page, you would see no offers at all.

If you want to quickly scan for Blu-ray Quality titles that you can purchase for $1.99 to free up a vault slot, simply change the filter settings to:
Quality: Blu-ray and set the price filter to filter out all offers that are more than $2.00.

My Library
This is the collection that shows either a) content that you have purchased directly from the Kaleidescape store, or b) movies that you have the UV rights to in your UV locker that were purchased elsewhere but are available for download from the Kaleidescape store for free (i.e. you redeemed the UV code from a disc insert or you bought a movie from Vudu, etc).

At the moment, the only way to distinguish between the two is to hover over the ownership checkmark on each cover art. If the banner reads "You own in Blu-ray Quality" or "You own in DVD Quality" then it's a title that you purchased from the Kaleidescape store. If the banner reads "You own in UltraViolet SD" or "You own in UltraViolet SD" then it's a title that you acquired elsewhere that is also available to download to your Kaleidescape system from the store.

Again, if you were to able to uncheck the "Include the movies I own" check box here, the collection would be empty.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
My initial impression is not thrilled, as having all those floating navigation bars on-top makes the space available for content greatly compressed. Seems weird to have to knock a K tile view, but I don't like having a dimension constrained without the ability to utilize the other.

At least my password manager can pickup the login box easier now.

PS - Come to think of it, maybe they will eventually provide a related/random-resort in the store too (using a server-side function to keep the jackals at bay.) Most stores have a recommend after-purchase function, and it would really add the K-touch to it.

Sony Movies have been added to the store.

Yes Sir! K has been hard at work for quite awhile adding the Sony content, with more to come.:)

Jim

Now that Sony and the Spiderman franchise are onboard, wouldn't it be great if an occasional 3D title showed up in preparation for ... .

Back