• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

OFF-TOPIC New settings in web browser

Ahmad78

It seems that K update there web interface and it show extra things such audio capabilities and i saw a new option in the advance setting option under “HDMI Content Type Metadata” so what’s the best is use the transmit content type metadata or stay on don’t transmit ?

I use the lumagen in my video chain

any help to explain this feature

Thx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most people can leave the "HDMI Content Type Metadata" on its default setting of "Do not transmit content type metadata".

There are some projectors which perform aspect ratio detection by examining the black areas of the projected image. However, the layout of the OSD covers place when in CinemaScape mode could cause those projectors to miscalculate the required aspect ratio and end up cropping the image (for example, Barco projectors were affected by this).

If your projector consistently miscalculates the required aspect ratio when automatically zooming, enabling "Transmit content type metadata" may fix the issue.

And yes, as you've discovered, we've added two new tabs to the HDMI Capabilities popup to aid in diagnostics when you aren't getting the expected video or audio output. There is now an "Audio Capabilities" tab that shows you which ports are active and what their status is.

The second addition is a tab where you can view the HDMI EDIDs for the primary and secondary (if connected) HDMI ports.

Last edited:
Most people can leave the "HDMI Content Type Metadata" on its default setting of "Do not transmit content type metadata".

There are some projectors which perform aspect ratio detection by examining the black areas of the projected image. However, the layout of the OSD covers place when in CinemaScape mode could cause those projectors to miscalculate the required aspect ratio and end up cropping the image (for example, Barco projectors were affected by this).

If your projector consistently miscalculates the required aspect ratio when automatically zooming, enabling "Transmit content type metadata" may fix the issue.

And yes, as you've discovered, we've added two new tabs to the HDMI Capabilities popup to aid in diagnostics when you aren't getting the expected video or audio output. There is now an "Audio Capabilities" tab that shows you which ports are active and what their status is.

The second addition is a tab where you can view the HDMI EDIDs for the primary and secondary (if connected) HDMI ports.

Thx i have the barco balder cinemascope so is it batter to go with transmit metadata

Second thing is this normal pic attach

9f7a6b885991a6342da86531e8c8b6ac.jpg

It looks to me like the EDID being sent out by whatever is processing your audio is reporting that it doesn't support ATMOS.

It looks to me like the EDID being sent out by whatever is processing your audio is reporting that it doesn't support ATMOS.

I send the audio from lumagen out to trinnov input

And the video from lumagen output to the projector

Just to confirm for my barco it’s batter to keep the new option to transmit the metadata

Have you tried using: menu 0943 - enables common audio formats from all Pro inputs*on your Lumagen Pro? Just guessing....

Have you tried using: menu 0943 - enables common audio formats from all Pro inputs*on your Lumagen Pro? Just guessing....

Yes I post the pic after I do the menu 0943 in trinnov it show as dolby atmos but in k it show as the pic I post

There's not much else I can tell you from the picture you've posted above. Note, however, that the system is telling you that it *is* sending Atmos so if the Trinnov supports Atmos then you should be hearing it even if the EDID is saying that it's not supported.

If you can set up the test again and play something that results in the same warning, open the capabilities page and select the "View HDMI EDID" tab. Copy then entire contents of the HDMI EDID box and send it to me via PM (without any added formatting) and I can decode it for you. It'll just be a big block of hex numbers something like this:

00 FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 35 49 35 00 01 01 01 01
00 19 01 03 80 BB 69 78 0A EE 91 A3 54 4C 99 26
0F 50 54 BD EF 80 71 4F 81 C0 81 00 81 80 95 00
A9 C0 B3 00 01 01 08 E8 00 30 F2 70 5A 80 B0 58
8A 00 50 1D 74 00 00 1E 02 3A 80 18 71 38 2D 40
58 2C 45 00 50 1D 74 00 00 1E 00 00 00 FC 00 6D
61 72 61 6E 74 7A 2D 41 56 52 0A 20 00 00 00 FD
00 18 4B 0F 87 3C 00 0A 20 20 20 20 20 20 01 A1

02 03 57 F1 5B 61 10 1F 04 13 05 14 20 21 22 5D
5E 5F 60 65 66 62 63 64 07 16 03 12 0F 24 1E 26
35 0F 7F 07 3D 1E C0 15 07 50 5F 7E 03 57 06 03
67 7E 03 5F 7E 01 83 5F 00 00 6E 03 0C 00 33 00
B8 3C 21 00 80 01 02 03 04 E3 0F 01 E0 E2 00 0F
E6 11 46 D0 00 F0 01 01 1D 80 D0 72 1C 16 20 10
2C 25 80 50 1D 74 00 00 9E 02 3A 80 D0 72 38 2D
40 10 2C 45 80 C4 8E 21 00 00 1E 00 00 00 00 0D

@Ahmad78:

I ran the EDID you sent me through my parser and in the audio block, the EDID is reporting that for Dolby TrueHD, it supports 6 channels up to 192kHz and 8 channels up to 96 kHz.

However, I note that the EDID is coming from the Lumagen rather than the Trinnov (this is a snippet of info translated from your EDID):
monitor name LUMAGEN Pro
monitor range limits
Min vertical rate (Hz) 23
Max vertical rate (Hz) 110
Min horizontal rate (kHz) 15
Max horizontal rate (kHz) 135
Max pixel clock (MHz) 600
Secondary timing formula none

So it's possible that the Lumagen isn't passing through the correct audio capability information for the Trinnov. I don't know enough about Lumagen configuration to make any suggestions there.

However, like I posted above, it's still possible that things are still working. Does the Trinnov have a front panel display to show what audio codec it is currently receiving and/or what speaker channels are active?

@Ahmad78:

I ran the EDID you sent me through my parser and in the audio block, the EDID is reporting that for Dolby TrueHD, it supports 6 channels up to 192kHz and 8 channels up to 96 kHz.

However, I note that the EDID is coming from the Lumagen rather than the Trinnov (this is a snippet of info translated from your EDID):

So it's possible that the Lumagen isn't passing through the correct audio capability information for the Trinnov. I don't know enough about Lumagen configuration to make any suggestions there.

However, like I posted on the forum, it's still possible that things are still working. Does the Trinnov have a front panel display to show what audio codec it is currently receiving and/or what speaker channels are active?

36b045ab6afb0853f803daf4cbaf5a5b.jpg

That’s what is show but I will try to look on the speakers also

Thx a lot J.Green for ur help

Back