• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Resources (Download) Tab

JohnJ

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
What was called the “Download“ tab on the old Forum is now called the “Resources” tab. It is located at the very top of the forum.

It is organized slightly differently in that there are now two folders to post to/download from. One is the “Kaleidescape Script files“ folder and the other is the “Kaleidescape ‘Favorite Scenes’ files” folder. When you post new files to the forum you need to make sure that you post files in the correct folder.

I thought I would let previous posters decide If they would like to re-post their own files and give them a week or so to do it. So I will be reaching out to these people to notify them that they have this option.

At the end of that time, I will begin posting all of the old files (with whatever documentation is available).

Contact me if you have any questions on the Resources tab.

Also, let me add my shout-out to @josh on the great job he did on this conversion!

John

Thanks for taking on this task @JohnJ! I'm glad to see the files section lives on.

Little historical side note: I first set up the forum as a way to trade scene and script files... didn't even realize we'd all have so much to discuss about ownership and usage. That was May 31, 2006. Was excited to see 5 users join and contribute in the first few days.

Hard to believe this has been running for 13.5 years now! 32,000 posts and 1400 members. 🤓

All Script and Scenes files have been uploaded and files re-assigned to the original owner. PM’s should have gone out to the owners that these files had been re-loaded to the new Forum and re-assigned. Let me know if anyone sees any errors or has any questions.

As a reminder, the files are split into a “Scenes” folder and a “Script” folder.

John

Thanks to @josh getting an add-in, I was able to change the original submission date on all the Scene and Script files. Now you can filter on "Submission Date" and get the files in order of when they were originally posted.

John

@JohnJ has spent an extraordinary amount of time resurrecting and modernizing the forum downloads area for all of our benefit.

Glad to see this activity will continue to exist on the forum, thanks to his efforts.

If you haven’t tried downloading favorite scene files or scripts to enhance your Kaleidescape experience, you’re missing out on some great things!

More info on this is on the forums and available from other members here if you ask!

thanks again @JohnJ! Between this work and the work you do on new releases, you makea huge contribution here for which we are all very thankful, me most of all.

—Josh

There is currently a thread regarding preserving our Premier systems. Some folks appear to be very knowledgeable regarding the inner workings of our systems. I wonder if it might be very useful to place some threads in the "Resources" tab for different pieces of equipment that are no longer supported or will cease to be supported in the near future. For instance there could be a thread for the 3U Server. What are the major components of this Server and what resources are available to repair it? I have seen threads scattered throughout the forum on equipment repair, including someone who had found a company who could replace power supplies on one of the Premier components.

Just a thought that as our equipment ages providing a dedicated place on the forum with such expertise could drive forum membership as more people seek this knowledge.

“Resources” is a bit of a misnomer. It is meant to post files that can be downloaded. You cannot start a thread in this area.

That being said, your idea has a certain amount of appeal. Going forward, it might be nice to have a Premier hardware section where people can discuss repair and replacement options. I just can’t gauge whether there are enough Premier owners to make it worthwhile.

John

Agree with John about WHERE it would have to go, but will be interested in (and defer to) Jim @cinelife's opinion.

I will not state the Premiere numbers in that field, but it's a significant number. There may be interest, perhaps not much in the short term, but I'm fairly certain there will be interest in the coming year. Being proactive with discussions may be helpful to some members. Josh?

Jim

Happy to implement changes to the forum areas, but will want very specific names of the forums you want created, and where you want them.

Back