• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Releases and new Versions

Homecinemas

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Good Morning!
Maybe someone can help me on this:
1) This Blu-ray Titles are not available as Blu-ray Download in the Kaleidescape Store, but the "Discs" are available from the Studio.

Tequila Sunrise ( 01/07/2014 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store
Gravity:Diamond Luxe Edition (03/31/2015 / Warner)
Hooper (04/07/2015 / Warner)
Dreamcatcher (16/9/14 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store
Passenger 57 (08/06/2013 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store
The Avengers (08/12/2014 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store
Wild Wild West (08/02/2011 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store

2)
If a new (remastered.....)Version is available, will Kaleidescape add this too, for example:
The Breakfast Club:25th Anniversary (Universal) available in the Store
The Breakfast Club:30th Anniversary Edition (03/10/2015 / Universal) not available yet

Thank you!
Roland

Kaleidescape doesn't normally make this decision, they can only add the digital contact supplied by the Studio. It is the Studio alone that decides which versions will be made available to the various content distributor's (including K).

Jim

On the movies that you have found that are only DVD even though they are available on BR - these are usually an oversight. On the ones that I have found and notified K they have added the HD version within a few days.

John

John is correct, assuming those digital copies were made available to K, but for some reason have not yet been added to the store, notifying K usually results in the HD copy being added within a few days/week.

Jim

I should add that I don't know if the studio did not initially forward the HD version and K had to go back and request it from them or if K just missed it. But every movie I have requested has been added. I only have requested ones that I knew I wanted to purchase so only 4-5 items.

K support is really excellent.

John

Now it is 2 weeks ago, none of this (BD Quality) Movies are added.
Do you have a Contact, so I can notify the Support?

Roland

Use this email address:

store@kaleidescape.com

On ones that I wasn't interested in and so didn't notify K, it sometimes took 2-3 months for the HD version to show up (and it could be that someone else finally notified them).

John

Hello,

Yes Kaleidescape added some in HD: Dreamcatcher, Wild Wild West and The Avengers,
These films not yet, but maybe they come...

Tequila Sunrise ( 01/07/2014 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store
Passenger 57 (08/06/2013 / Warner) - only on "DVD" in the Store

The Breakfast Club:25th Anniversary (Universal) available in the K-Store
The Breakfast Club:30th Anniversary Edition (03/10/2015 / Universal) not available yet

Apollo 13: 15th Anniversary Edition (Universal) available in the K-Store
Apollo 13: 20th Anniversary Edition (Universal / 02/06/2015) not available yet

Born on the Fourth of July:Universal?s 100th Anniversary Edition (Universal) available in the K-Store
Born on the Fourth of July:Blu-ray+Digital+Ultraviolet Edition (Universal / 06/05/2014) not available yet

Thank you for asking.
Roland

I noticed the new version of Total Recall was standard def only. Why would studios only support or supply just the start def? I guess I just don't see the business logic.

Back