• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Owner Questions

Hagman62

New Owner here with a couple of questions:

1. When I registered my system, I noticed there were two options. The first was just putting your name in. The second was a corporation or trust or something like that. Without giving it any thought, I just put my name in. But after thinking about it I am wondering if there are advantages to the second option. Is it easier to pass your content on to family members this way after you die? Are there any other advantages? Can you change from option 1 to option 2 later, or would I need to delete the first account and start over. I have not bought anything yet, just started cataloging my existing disc collection.

2. On first look, it seems there are differences when browsing the movie store on the unit itself vs. the web site. For example on the website I can see what pricing is without drilling down into a movie and I can see the aspect ratio of the movie after drilling down into it. The aspect ratio does not seem to be available through the strato view. Is there a way to change the view on the unit itself or are there just inherent differences between the strato view and the web view?

Thanks in advance.

New Owner here with a couple of questions:

1. When I registered my system, I noticed there were two options. The first was just putting your name in. The second was a corporation or trust or something like that. Without giving it any thought, I just put my name in. But after thinking about it I am wondering if there are advantages to the second option. Is it easier to pass your content on to family members this way after you die? Are there any other advantages? Can you change from option 1 to option 2 later, or would I need to delete the first account and start over. I have not bought anything yet, just started cataloging my existing disc collection.
Someone from Kaleidescape probably need to answer you about if you can change the registration... seems like it should be simple, but can't say for sure. In the meantime you may have interest in this related discussion about trusts and rights ownership of Kaleidescape movie purchases.

hope someone else here will answer your second question - I'm not in front of my system right now and can't recall.

Back