• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New KPlayer to M700 Trade Up Program

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
You can now trade in an old Movie Player, Movie Player 2, 1080p Player, or 1080p Mini-Player and receive a 15% credit toward the purchase of a new M700. Contact your dealer for more info.:)

Jim

Can I trade in more than one player for additional savings on the same M700? Probably not, but hey, worth asking, right?

Sorry my friend, unfortunately "No.":)

Still, it's a good deal for those with older Player's looking into moving to full BR capability.

Jim

Yeah, figured. but you're right - still a good deal. Wish I could trade in my music player. We have one, and it's not needed because everything's handled by our 1080p players.

M700 joins what you can get on the M-class upgrade progam... good.
You get a reduced credit rate (higher price does not fully offset)... boo hiss.

Anyone know if Kaleidescape is still offering the KPlayer to M500 Trade Up Program? Also, does anyone know what the current MSRP of an M500?

Yes, that program is still in affect (trade in a MP, MP2, 1080P Player, or 1080p Mini-Player and receive a 25% credit toward the purchase of either the M300 or M500).

M500 is $4,495 (M300 is $2,995)

Jim

So basically all of those older players have the same trade-in value on an M-Class player? I'm just waiting for the new M-Class player which supports lossless 7.1 audio decoding to come out so I can trade-in my MP2!

So basically all of those older players have the same trade-in value on an M-Class player? I'm just waiting for the new M-Class player which supports lossless 7.1 audio decoding to come out so I can trade-in my MP2!

Correct, it doesn't matter which Player is returned, the credit is the same.

I hear ya on the decoding, but I gave up and grabbed an Integra 80.3 and just send bitstream from the K player. I was actually surprised at how good the sound is from that unit. I've always used higher end prepro's (Halcro, Lex, Theta, ADA, etc), but this 80.3 is impressive at less than a third the cost.:)

Jim

What! The 80.3 sounds better than the Halcro SSP?

Didn't say it sounds better.:) I loved that Halcro unit (had both the 180 and 220) for HT, but gave them up when Halcro abandoned the U.S. market. As you know, the PrePro alone doesn't make the room. Before adding the 80.3 I had the new room evaluated and treated. Built a room within a room utilizing isolation clips from Kinetics, then treated it with 1, 2 and 4" panels under fabric. The speakers are from ProAudio Technology (Pro Home Cinema) (active DSP in-walls). That combo with the 80.3 in the mix sounds as good as any of my previous rooms. Nothing lacking in the 80.3 from what I've heard thus far, the detail produced is excellent (I do however attribute much of that to the speakers and room treatment). Those speaker's are probably the best HT speaker's I've owned.

I think over time I'd fallen into the belief that the more I spent the better the sound would be, but obviously that's not the case. This relatively inexpensive Integra piece ($2,600 retail) holds it's own against some much higher priced prepro's and is part of system that will keep me happy for a long time (meaning at least a year according to my wife:D).

Jim

Back