• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New Kaleidescape "M-Class" players announced, with Blu-ray support

I considered trying disconnecting the MP2 from the network, and giving the M300 the same static IP as the MP2, and see if that worked with the Pronto. Is anybody using the v1.2 Pronto module successfully in the KEAOS 4.0.3 environment with an M-Class player?

Last edited:
....... Is anybody using the v1.2 Pronto module successfully in the KEAOS 4.0.3 environment with an M-Class player?

Good question, don't know.

Jim

We have a number of Prontos around our office controlling M500 and M300 Players via TCP/IP using module 1.2. This is the whole point of the 1.2 module, actually! Please contact our support team so we can help solve this.

Tom

Thanks Tom.:)

Jim

I should have elaborated, both the MP2 and M300 respond to Remotescape, but only the MP2 responds to the Pronto. The M300 doesn't respond to the Pronto despite its static IP being entered in the v1.2 module Parameters page. If I can't resolve the problem I'll call Tech Support for help.

Can someone help me understand what I need to do to import high definition home movies into the Kaleidescape? I own a Canon HFS100 that I believe records video in AVCHD, a Flip HD camcorder that I believe uses MPEG4, and an iphone that seems to use Quicktime.

Heres what I do:

Hardware: mac pro with a lot of memory and HD space; someone's internal blu-ray burner, I forget which one now, I can check for you if you need me to, but at this point its old, you could get an external one for an imac, or for a mac pro. with the way these get better all the time it might be worth it.

Software: iMovie (im using the 2011 version and its worth it); iPhoto (2011); Photoshop (Im using CS4, I don't see enough benefit in CS5 to spend the money); Roxio Toast latest version with the HD plug in; iDVD for making the DVD version; iTunes for transferring the iPod version...

Workflow:
1. Import HD Clips into iMovie. The software will ask if you want to import the full resolution clips or reduce the resolution to save space. I'm looking for full HD memories so I go hard core here.

2. Import photos into iMovie. I use Photoshop to touch them up/ add sharpening to those that came from my SLR.

3. Create new iMovie project

4. Edit clips for length/ content.

5. Build a timeline of clips.

6. Add in photos.

7. Play the movie back and see if Im happy with it.

8. Select an iPhoto theme if I want one (these add in automatic transitions etc, its a time saver and its cute)

9. Add background music if wanted (I find it helps make many scenes flow better, for example, some playful background music for the kids at the beach, you still hear the kids giggling but you don't hear the people next to you talking about their annoying cousin. You can control the volume of the music track)

9. Play the whole project back and see if Im happy with it.

10. export to iDVD for the DVD version for those of us with DVD players. I like the best picture quality so I select that in the preferences in the iDVD prefs- I think its professional quality, and if you have more than an hour I like to use DVD-R DL discs. When I get to iDVD I select a theme and title the disc and menus etc and then I select save as a disc image. IMHO this is safer than direct to DVDR burn. When I have the disc image I use toast (or you can use disk utility in the utilities folder) to burn the image to a DVDR.

10. To export to BR I go back to my iMovie project and I do a right click (control click) for export movie and then I select the first type of export and in iMovie there is an option to export as 1080P. If its an older version you go to quick time and Id have to double check if you want me to as to the settings. The resulting file will be pretty large.

11. I bring that file into toast. I go into the encoding section and I select custom and select the best quality.

12. I tell toast IM using a BR DL and then I select save as a disc image and once thats done I burn from the disc image.

Can someone help me understand what I need to do to import high definition home movies into the Kaleidescape? I own a Canon HFS100 that I believe records video in AVCHD, a Flip HD camcorder that I believe uses MPEG4, and an iphone that seems to use Quicktime.

Here's a link to some general info about importing home movies.......(apologies if you have already seen this).

http://www.kaleidescape.com/support/knowledgebase.php?article_id=50150000000LThhAAG

Jim

(Weird, I thought I posted this last night, but didn't see it this morning. Might be in another thread.)

Back