• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New K Strato-S

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Kaleidescape announced the release of the new Strato-S Player. This player includes 12TB of storage and a new 1U rack footprint making it easier to integrate into an existing rack. It can store approx. 180 UHD (4K) movies, or 320 BR titles. Retail is $6,995, but upgrade discounts are available.

K is offering an upgrade path from some Premiere components to Encore line, including this new Strato-S. Check with your dealer for details.

Jim

Does this mean they are no longer offering the 10tb Strato as I don’t see the option on the website

We still have the 10TB Strato's available to dealers, but probably just for existing stock. I may be wrong, haven't confirmed, but likely the 12TB will replace the 10TB when the current stock of 10TB's runs out.

So...dealers can probably still order the 10TB version....for now. (It's $1K lower retail.)

Jim

Little sad about this announcement as I was hoping for a Strato with Dolby Vision announced at CEDIA this year but I doubt they would announce this then announce a upgraded version in 2 months

Wow. I guess it is time to upgrade some gear in my system. I have been looking for something that I can make mobile and this would fit the bill.

Now I just need to list some of my old gear as I think it is worth more on the secondary market than for trade-in. Guess I need to upgrade my account to do that?

Sounds great, wished for an added UHD Drive to accommodate d2d and 4K disks, but maybe later on with Dolby Vision?

This update confuses me, so we get a smaller unit basically shorter and and extra 2TB of storage over the previous 10TB model and that costs an additional $1,000.00 doesn’t make since....

I could understand if it added Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HLG, etc. support but nothing new and only 2TB of additional storage...

Last edited:
Kaleidescape announced the release of the new Strato-S Player. This player includes 12TB of storage and a new 1U rack footprint making it easier to integrate into an existing rack. It can store approx. 180 UHD (4K) movies, or 320 BR titles. Retail is $6,995, but upgrade discounts are available.

K is offering an upgrade path from some Premiere components to Encore line, including this new Strato-S. Check with your dealer for details.

Jim

Any pictures?

This update confuses me, so we get a smaller unit basically shorter and and extra 2TB of storage over the previous 10TB model and that costs an additional $1,000.00 doesn’t make since....

I could understand if it added Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HLG, etc. support but nothing new and only 2TB of additional storage...

Ostensibly, 2TB extra for $1k extra, in a 1 RU size might not be much but I think it’s a great way to get Premere users onto a system with a future! :cool:

I agree. I love Kaleidescape, but they seem like a company with a whole lot of investor money and no direction on what to do with it....

Yet another missed opportunity for K to meet loyal customer base expectations.

Please add 3D capabilities to this forum”s list of once promised or previously discussed currently missing features.

I was hoping to see new hardware this year from K, and ideally something to entice me more into the ecosystem. This is not it.

I own a company in manufacturing - If I was K - I would launch the new 12 TB unit and charge 99 cents less than the previous 10TB model... ( and I am pretty sure even with that K would be making same OR MORE amount of money on the hardware as hardware cost is going down all the time).
That would rally up my base and my clients say - you know... I get 2TB more for cheaper than what I was paying before.
Even though K is targeted to the uber rich - they are uber rich because they watch their pennies..

Guys, this is just a new Player being added to the line. It's not intended to be the next big improvement to the K experience. There are likely other things being worked on, as there usually is at K. The rack space reduction while not a big deal to most, is helpful to many other owners (yachts, planes, etc.), and it's always better to get smaller when possible. Can't comment on the pricing, wasn't part of the discussion that went into the decision (not that I ever would be).

Jim

Back