• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New K.O. Forum engine!

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
As of 11/24/19, the K.O. Forum has been migrated from vBulletin to Xenforo, a new and much improved engine for running communities such as this.

It's not done, we'll still be tweaking and improving the design and layout in the coming weeks, but it should be fully operational!

Feel free to add comments and suggestions in this thread regarding the new system and its features.

What's NOT ready yet:
  • Redirects - this is a biggie, and not complete yet. Messages that have a link to another forum message in it will try to send you to the post on the old forum. There's supposed to be a way to redirect these to the right post on the new board, but it isn't working yet. In addition, Google will have indexed pages on the old forum and will try to take people there, at least until it has crawled all of our new pages, so that's more of a temporary issue.
  • some of the graphic style doesn't yet work well on mobile devices, or with small browser windows. It's doable, and I'll be working on that in the coming weeks. But if you're using the forum on a phone, you'll see some less-than-ideal graphic layout issues. But the content should work
  • @JohnJ will be working on the "Resources" tab at the top... that's where downloadable files will be located, and he'll be putting up all of the old Favorite Scene files and Script files in the coming week or so.
  • and... i know the default style template we're using here is pretty ugly. I hope to spend more time to make it more attractive soon.
  • SSL Certificate: I've applied for a new SSL certificate so that you won't see the "not secure" message in your browser's address bar... The forum will work fine, but you may get warnings that the site is not secure. This will get fixed in the coming week or so.
  • ... I'm sure I'll find or think of a bunch of other things that won't be working right.
Let me know if you see things that don't look right or don't work right.

Last edited:
Great work! So far the new site is working well for me. Thank you for the quick turnaround time and I look forward to seeing the improvements that are still to come.

Loving the avatars 👍
Nice one! I did a bit of a double-take when I saw your avatar as it looks very much like my own "meMoji" from my iphone, which I almost used as my own avatar! I did add a little gray to the hair and beard on mine... but otherwise, ours look very similar! :D

IMG_3258.png

Reactions: HCS
One thing I noticed when I went to kscapeowners.com on my brower, is it still loaded the old forums and clicking the link in the message on the page, just kept loading the old forums. It wasn't until cleared my cache/cookies for this site, that it loaded the new forums. It might be a good idea to update the message on the old forums to mention that.

Love the new forums though! Looks great!

One thing I noticed when I went to kscapeowners.com on my brower, is it still loaded the old forums and clicking the link in the message on the page, just kept loading the old forums. It wasn't until cleared my cache/cookies for this site, that it loaded the new forums. It might be a good idea to update the message on the old forums to mention that.

Same thing happened to me, especially on my phone. Tried it on my laptop and ended up at the new site. Will clear cache and see if that works.

Great feedback. I just made that change on the old site.

Last edited:
Is Tapatalk functionality going to be brought back/back up yet? Currently just sits and spins or posts message about upgrade to forums.

Is Tapatalk functionality going to be brought back/back up yet? Currently just sits and spins or posts message about upgrade to forums.
I will have to look into whether or not they support xenforo sites. I do know that Xenforo works and looks much better on a mobile browser than the older vbulletin software could. But seems like you still prefer to use Tapatalk app on mobile?

I agree the new site looks/works great on mobile. Very excited about the migration. Good work.
Tapatalk is just nice since it allows for one location to get to all the forums I frequent while on my phone.

Seconding this, it's nice that it does work much better on mobile, but tapatalk support would be great, because most of the the other forums I frequent support it as well, so browsing from one app is very convenient. It does look like there is a Xenforo Tapatalk plugin: https://www.tapatalk.com/download_xenforo

Thank you @josh for your hard work and looking forward to contribute by renewing my status that expires in few weeks.

Kostas

Thanks, Josh. The new site is looking great. Just getting used to how everything is laid out. Well done!

Wayne

Back