• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: New Feature Being Added to the K Experience!

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
In a near future release we will be able to add "hand-selected" favorite scenes to our Movie Guide experience on the OSD. Just as K has done with songs in musicals appearing in the OSD, you will be able to add your favorite scenes from that movie as well. Should be fun, and a nice addition to the K experience!!:) More details will follow.

Jim

Jim, I have no idea what this means? I've never used the favorite scenes feature before....
However I'd like to see a new feature for shifting the Kaleidescape OSD "chapter" and "status" graphics when vertical masking 2.35 content on a 1.85 screen. When vertical masking 2.35 content, the kaleidescape upper and lower OSD tabs fall on the black overscan area and you just can't read them. Having a checkbox in my-kaleidescape/installer/video for vertical masking, to bring all OSD graphics into the active area of 2.35 content, would be great!

That would be a great idea!! I would really like the option to move the default menu display to 2.35:1 on one of my movie players.

I agree, and would think that would be something they could do, but not sure what effort is involved, and how many owner's would benefit from the feature. (I'm using a 2.37 screen with Isco A-lens and mask vertically for 16:9 content.)

I'll pass that along to K.

Jim

I would like that also!!! What I do now is I have a button on my crestron for "16:9" and I just press that which gives me the full screen, though distorted.

Next step- custom anamorphic for 2.35:1 content please. We're wasting resolution!

Back