• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Feature Announcement: Season Pass

MikeKobb

◥ ◣ Kaleidescape, Inc.
Hello all!

We announced an exciting new feature today. You should have received an email, but just in case you didn't:

You can now watch select currently airing shows with a Kaleidescape Season Pass. A Season Pass gives you access to a complete season of a currently airing show, and new episodes will automatically be added to your download queue as they become available, typically the day after they air on TV.

Our first Season Pass offering is Yellowstone Season 5. This season will air in 2 parts, with the first part in its 6th episode on the Paramount Network. You can purchase the entire 2-part Season 5 pass today to get all 6 episodes right now, and new episodes will add to your download queue the day after airing.

And to make watching the current season of Yellowstone even better, Season 5 is available in 4K! So you can experience that same stunning quality and sound that you get from watching movies on your Kaleidescape player.

We will be introducing more Season Pass shows in the New Year as TV series come back from hiatus. And check back next week as we start to add the first 4 seasons of Yellowstone and the origin story, 1883, also in 4k!

We hope you enjoy this new feature!

Sounds great. Quick question - how long do the titles stay in the server? Is this essentially like buying them?

Yes, you own them in the same way you would if you bought a previously released season. It's just that you get them as each episode is released rather buying the entire season after they've all aired.

Also, one note about Yellowstone that I'd like to emphasize -- like a lot of TV series, Paramount is airing the season's episodes split into a Part 1 and Part 2. Part 1 has another week or two, and then there will be a hiatus and Part 2 will resume in the new year (exact date TBD). Purchasing this Season Pass includes both parts, so once the Part 2 episodes start airing, you'll get them automatically.

More evidence of K‘s increasing support for TV series. With more and more very high quality series (4K. Dolby Atmos, etc.), it is nice to see this.

John

Anyone else having issues with new episodes not automatically downloaded for season passes? Bought the latest season of Abbott Elementary and my system hasn't automatically downloaded the 2 newer episodes that were released since the season pass went live. Only the first 11 that were initially available are on my system.

Is there any chance of The Last Of Us series being released on Kaleidescape any time soon?
HBO tends to release their content for sale digitally through digital retailers the day after the season finishes airing. They don’t do episode by episode season passes. So if this holds true for TLoU, I’d expect Kaleidescape to get it on or around March 13th.

HBO tends to release their content for sale digitally through digital retailers the day after the season finishes airing. They don’t do episode by episode season passes. So if this holds true for TLoU, I’d expect Kaleidescape to get it on or around March 13th.
Thanks, will keep my fingers crossed then.

I wanted to delete some viewed episodes to clear up som HD space. It seems that deleting an episode extended to all episodes. Will the next episode still download after airing? Thanks.

Yes, unless you go to the store website and cancel the download of future episodes, they will continue to download.

Back