• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New DOWNLOADS area has all the Favorite Scene files

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I've added a file downloads area of the forum, and that's where you will now find all the "Favorite Scene" files that used to be here in this area. This will make maintaining the files much easier, and hopefully make submitting and sharing the files easier for everyone.

You'll find the "DOWNLOADS" link above, in the dark blue shaded Nav Bar.
Or you can just click here to go there.

Last edited:
I see it! I see it! :)

Thanks Josh. I haven't done any scene files in a long long time. Maybe that will change as I evolve into a BR setup.

It's a great idea, well done. It won't be too long before we can start putting together a dedicated BD scene script (maybe for popcorn blockbusters only :D )

And I feel the duty of care for this should fall squarely on the shoulders of those first fortunate enough to receive 1st edition vaults!!! :p

So off you go.... ... ..

Pan.

Yes, I agree! Who will be the first to post a file of good BR Favorite Scenes?

Hi Josh, Do these scripts still work on the latest Kaleidescape OS?
When I try to import your file, I get
"This file does not seem to be a script that was exported from a Kaleidescape System."

All of the files in the "download" section of this forum look to be "scenes" and not "scripts". They need to be imported from the Movies tab of the web interface and pick he "scenes" collection.

These worked late last year just fine.

John

ok thanks John. It works fine. I was using the scripts import.

Thanks John... that's correct.
Haven't tried them in a while, but I know the interface is still there so I would think they still work. But MANY of these favorite scenes that we used to create and trade here were then eventually added by Kaleidescape to their own set that everyone gets automatically. That said, there are many gems in here that K never adopted/created, so I think there's still value for real movie buffs.

Does anyone know if the above link (click here to go there) still works for the download section? I get an error when trying to.

Also, does anyone have updated scenes for Paramount? What a pain they restricted Kaleidescape from including them now.

On this topic, if Mike from Kaleidescape is reading, a nice feature to consider adding to the web interface would be the ability to drill into your saved scenes to see beginning and ending timemarks. That would make it so much easier to recreate scenes as we update our movie versions.

Thanks
Dave

No, that is the old Forum. The downloads for this Forum is the “Resources“ tab at the top of the page. Here is a link just in case:

That link has scenes for Paramount titles both in HD and 4K. They are from a while ago. I probably need to update them but I haven’t marked scenes in the newer titles.

John

Last edited:
Back