• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Contest for Members

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Time for another contest! This time there will be 3 winners. To be included in the drawing you must submit the correct answer by December 14th. The drawing is on December 15th. The winners will get Store credits. The first name drawn gets $300 in credit, the 2nd name gets $200, the 3rd name gets $100.

Use the following clues:
"He knew the private list was important, but it was lost until Henry found it and prevented the War." (It's a play on words.)

The contest question: Who's the responsible person?

DO NOT post your answer in this thread. To be in the drawing, send me your answer by private message (the envelope to the right of your forum name above). I only need your answer, and if correct, your name will be entered in the drawing held on December 15th. You only get one entry, and it cannot be changed once submitted. (This should be easy for all you movie experts! 🙂)

Note: There is no marketing involved in this contest, if you win I only need your Store account email to get the credits posted, and your account info will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it be shared with anyone (except Kaleidecsape's Order Processing).

Good luck!

Jim
CineLife

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking for the name of a person.

Jim

New clue: Among his many skills, he's a movie Producer.

I think I made this too difficult. :)

Here's another clue: Focus on individual words, not the wording of the sentence as a whole.

Jim

I'm allowing two guesses, I made it too difficult!

Last clue: 5 Key words in that sentence will point you to the person, assuming you know his work.

Jim

Folks, because of a forum issue at the moment, I'm unable to Edit my original post, but I can add new posts.

Ignore the "One" guess posted earlier, you get 2 guesses, and no hurry, you have a few weeks.

Jim

6 correct answers so far!

Jim

Now at 8 correct.....

Jim

12 correct to this point.

Jim

Very good odds this time around. I received guesses from a total of 34 members.

Only 14 members got the correct answer: Steven Spielberg

These are the members in the drawing that will be held at 6:00 pm EST

jstrossner
sbutter
billygreen23
Noah Winter
SJHT
jmf
jmdls
andy
Bauer89
lurch
matth22
ironcross
Roderick Spode
bdo21

Thanks to all that participated, and congrats to all that got it right!

NOTE: There are many other members that participate in the forum regularly that likely would have given the correct answer, but they decided to forego participation to give others a chance to win some credits. Thank you to those members as well, you know who you are!

I'll post the 3 winners at 6:15pm EST today.

Thanks guys!

Jim

Drat, he was the first one I thought of, but I thought Henry and Lost were some of the key words and I couldn't find anything in his filmography for those. Plus, I figured he might have been too obvious as well. ;)

Thanks for doing this.

And of course after typing that out I realized Henry for Indiana Jones. I was looking for a title.

So, what was the 5th reference?

Private - Saving Private Ryan
List - Schindler's List
War - War Horse
Henry - Indiana Jones

Drat, he was the first one I thought of, but I thought Henry and Lost were some of the key words and I couldn't find anything in his filmography for those. Plus, I figured he might have been too obvious as well. ;)

Thanks for doing this.

And of course after typing that out I realized Henry for Indiana Jones. I was looking for a title.

So, what was the 5th reference?

List - Schindler's List
War - War Horse
Henry - Indiana Jones

I had the following:
List - Schindler's List
War - War of the Worlds
Henry - Indian Jones
Lost - Raiders of the lost ark

I had the following:
List - Schindler's List
War - War of the Worlds
Henry - Indian Jones
Lost - Raiders of the lost ark

This is the correct list.

Jim

Sorry, the drawing was delayed. It was my 11yo Daughter's turn to pick from the box and she was delayed getting home.

Here are the winners of the store credit:

$300 "andy"
$200 "Bauer89" (I had a good laugh at this one, considering your post!)
$100 "Noah Winter"
$100 "sbutter"

There was supposed to be one $100 winner, but my Daughter pulled two, so I'm providing the credit to both.

To the winners, please send me your Store account email address and I'll place the orders for those credits tomorrow. (You can PM, or email me.) They should be posted this week. Thanks again to all that participated!

Jim

Sorry, the drawing was delayed. It was my 11yo Daughter's turn to pick from the box and she was delayed getting home.

Here are the winners of the store credit:

$300 "andy"
$200 "Bauer89" (I had a good laugh at this one, considering your post!)
$100 "Noah Winter"
$100 "sbutter"

There was supposed to be one $100 winner, but my Daughter pulled two, so I'm providing the credit to both.

To the winners, please send my your Store account email address and I'll place the orders for those credits tomorrow. They should be posted this week. Thanks again to all that participated!

Jim
Thank you very much Jim. I wish when I posted about how horrible my hockey team has been playing recently they would actually win as well. Happy Holidays and this one was a lot of fun!

My winning streak of losing continues! Lol This was a fun contest.

Congratulations to all the winners. Enjoy the spoils. Good luck with the hockey team Bauer89.

Jim, thank you so much for all you do for all of us and this forum. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thanks for the kind words! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you as well!

Jim

Back