• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Collection: Titles available to redownload

jmdls

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I have a 6TB Strato, and I find that I'm now regularly needing to delete 4K content to make room for new. (Yes, I know this is a total First World Problem and that I should just upgrade to the 12TB or a Terra!) One thing that would be really helpful (for me at least) would be a new collection that just shows all of the titles that are in your movie store library that are available to redownload hat aren't already on your server. At this point I've deleted so many titles, I can't really remember all of them. Would anyone else find this helpful? I know I can brose the "movies I own" collection at the Movie Store, but I'd love to have access to see just the content that I own that isn't on my server on the OSD if possible. Would anyone else benefit from this...?
John

Manage-My Movies-Filter-Not Downloaded to: ??

Should be what you're looking for.

Kevin D.

Kevin is correct, most owners miss the "not downloaded to" filter option, but that's the option that allows you to see what you own in the Store that is not currently in your system.

Jim

Thanks! Is that on the Web GUI, or on the OSD? I'd love to have a pre-made "collection" in the Strato that displays these titles so I could quickly browse through all of the movies I've bought but no longer have on my system...

Yeah, as far as I can tell, the "not downloaded to" filter is only available on the Kaleidescape web store. I'd really like a collection or library view on the actual device itself that offers a list of undownloaded movies.

Actually, that's a great idea, engineering should look at adding that feature.

Jim

I agree that this would be nice. I could see where this could be hard to implement. Even on the Store you can be get ambiguous results depending on what you are trying to find. If I search “M Movies” and “Not Downloaded” I get pretty much every movie I own because I normally have only one version downloaded (either 4K or HD). If I also limit it to “UHD or better” then gat all 4K movies that aren’t download (which is usually what I want).

It certainly would be nice to see this on the actual system.

John

Aye, +1 for this too - I'd love to be able to see ALL my movies on the OSD even if they aren't downloaded. Greyed out or something. A toggle setting to turn it on and off too. So as well as getting the "insert disc" prompt in the title details for cataloged but not imported discs, perhaps "download now" could be shown?

Aye, +1 for this too - I'd love to be able to see ALL my movies on the OSD even if they aren't downloaded. Greyed out or something. A toggle setting to turn it on and off too. So as well as getting the "insert disc" prompt in the title details for cataloged but not imported discs, perhaps "download now" could be shown?

Agreed, this is my ideal way that this would be implemented.

This is a great suggestion. :)

Cool - glad it's seen as a good idea - bit of positivity helps a lot in many ways right now :)

What you say @MikeKobb ? Any chance to add/bump this on your Backlog?

Back