• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New Catalogued Script of the 3 New and Classic examples of Egocentric Proximity.

CINERAMAX IOPH

It started in minute 36 of this youtube.

Obviously the young man lacks the insights from having Experienced the Gravity Premiere in the room where ATMOS was invented. Back in 2013 and making this project my central preoccupation. If you follow the scripts now we peel some layers of the onion. This script is proof that this kid is wrong.I have identified 3 types of proximity effects that are actually elements of the EGOCENTRIC SOUNDFIELD as opposed to ALLOCENTRIC, the legacy surround sound we all know and love.
Gravity+Premiere+AZYMUTH ANGLE.png

No time to explain fully today here is a snippet from somewhere else that sheds some light. I argue

Now that you are beginning to understand that for the last 6 years I have not being watching movies for enjoyment but instead scanning and vetting them not for an excellent Legacy Type ALLOCENTRIC surround mix, but for these fleeting short moments of EGOCENTRIC proximity effects, in the wraparound and from overhead (and now I am adding a third SURROUND MOVING BASS -directional ping pong concussive effects) perhaps you will appreciate more the motivation why I have committed so much to this research project without actually sitting down to watch the whole film in many cases(65 grand in kaleidescape store + 45 on multichannel out of print music) trying to recreate the binaural like 3D elements endemic to the Room Where Atmos was Invented.

3 kinds of proximity.png
LEGEND:W is for Wraparound proximity effects but also effects that transit over the MLP, T is for Topsmmersion you need to have robust ceiling speakers for this (try setting at 40-50 instead of 80 the crossover to get the pounded down effect) , MBOB Is Moving Bass on Bed channels (ping pong surround bass this requires deselecting the 80 hz crossover to LFE and set to full range), the number indicates intensity in decreasing order,

I will add more clarity at a later post

Attachments

• script_3_kinds_of_3D_PROXIMITY_demo_.dat
    3.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Peter,
Always a fan of you Scripts... I promptly bought/downloaded the missing movies on my Terra.
Uploaded the Script...
Problem - did not see the Sonic 2 Summerplace scene add up - my guess is this is a custom scene that is why it is not showing up in the script even though I bought the movie.
Any comments I will appreciate...

Hi Ash, thanks for the love. Try rebooting or reimporting the script, it is supposed to load all the custom scenes automatically. We know there was a FW upgrade yesterday, I hope it is not a bug. Crossing fingers!
Cheers!

‘Sonic 2” just had an update yesterday. If you just downloaded this title and Peter did his script/scene with the prior version then the ”Sonic 2” scene will not be added as the two titles will no longer match.

John

Last edited:
Hi Ash, thanks for the love. Try rebooting or reimporting the script, it is supposed to load all the custom scenes automatically. We know there was a FW upgrade yesterday, I hope it is not a bug. Crossing fingers!
Cheers!
‘Sonic 2” was just had an update yesterday. If you just downloaded this title and Peter did his script/scene with the prior version then the ”Sonic 2” scene will not be added as the two titles will no longer match.

John
Aha... Peter... Hope you are listening ...
I did download the Movie last night after I saw the Script had a scene in it..
Since I got my Terra I rarely buy movies until I am about to watch them - it takes only 10 minutes to download - I do buy movies on sale all the time though...
So Peter may have to review the Script for this change.

Aha... Peter... Hope you are listening ...
I did download the Movie last night after I saw the Script had a scene in it..
Since I got my Terra I rarely buy movies until I am about to watch them - it takes only 10 minutes to download - I do buy movies on sale all the time though...
So Peter may have to review the Script for this change.
Aha, that is the fact. Ok give me a couple of days. Cheers!

Awesome! I've only got a few of those movies so far, but this was the first time I used a script. Looking forward to trying out others!

Back