• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

New 1U server in second location

Yetis

I have purchased a legacy 1U server which I will keep in my summer house. As of now, I don't have a carousel, so the only thing I can replicate that is viewable, are DVD's and downloads. I ran out of space a while ago on my existing 1U, but have for some reason not been able to control myself on the online store. So I have about 45 movies stacked up on the online store and then possibly another 150 dvd's or downloadable movies. With this in mind, if I just register the new server in the new location, will it start downloading the new downloadable content first and then fill in all the duplicate downloadable content? If I then want to replicate the DVD's, can I do that remotely, or does that have to happen on the same network? How do I keep from losing the legacy status of the two unique server. BTW, I am working on getting another server..

Thank you

First, replications require the source and receiving Server's to be on the same network (LAN).

You will not lose the legacy status of that Server by adding it to your current system. You can pull it from that systems at anytime and move it wherever you'd like, that's not a problem. Personally, I'd replicate whatever content I wanted on the new 1U before I downloaded anything. Keep in mind you can always download to that Server at anytime, even from different locations because purchased Store content can be downloaded to the Server's you own (Up to 5, IIRC). That way, you can mark the movies you want to download based on what is already on the Server.

Jim

Just to be clear on the downloads to the second 1U, I'm suggesting you personally select the movies to be downloaded from the Download section in the store. When you select the movie from your download list, you can select the system you want to download to by checking the appropriate box (you already mentioned registering it, so it should show up as an option).

Jim

Back