• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Needed or Wanted changes to carry Kaleidescape forward

EFX

Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
I have started this thread because needed and wanted changes are scattered all over this forum and I wanted to concentrate them under this thread.
I just became a dealer with 15k worth of equipment which are in danger of going extinct and I think I have the right to share my thoughts here. 1st off, my thoughts are with all the employees who just lost their jobs. 2nd, I can't figure out why a company in such a caliber failed to notify it's employees and dealers as to what is coming down the pipeline. Anyways, I am high in emotions and this is not the place.
I will dive right in.
Needs:
1. Strato needs to be able to pull content from disc server.
2. Encore line of products should be able to play 3D content.
3. Disc server should play 4K BDs.
Please add as you see fit.
Wants:
1. Adding additional viewing zones should not translate to purchasing full size players such as Alto or Strato.
2. Disc server with builtin Strato or Alto should exist.
3. (This is a big one and I invite more debates) Netflix has been a huge money maker for it's owners and investors alike. Why can't Kaleidescape create something like netflix or vudu to create huge revenue which they could put to use to easily improve their high end product line and appeal to mass market who don't have or simply don't want to purchase hardware based service and couldn't careless about audio or video quality.
Just my 2-cents. Please agree, disagree and debate.
Best,
Shane

Why wouldn't Paramount allow Kaleidescape offer their content?

My Familiy would like to have the Movies with german Synchronisation 😕

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Disk to Digital for every movie in the store. Meaning if you own it on physical and it's also in the store, you should be allowed to go diskless for a fee. A slot in a Disk Vault is worth $15 ($5000/320).

Music

I think the addition of Roon and/or Tidal would be great. The space a music collection would consume is minor.

Disk to Digital for every movie in the store. Meaning if you own it on physical and it's also in the store, you should be allowed to go diskless for a fee. A slot in a Disk Vault is worth $15 ($5000/320).

For $15 a pop we darn well better have the option of releasing non-store titles too. At that price there is a healthy chance the fee would be more than it was originally purchased for.

Three asks:

Premier line music capabilities either directly supported in Strato or via integration, but from a unified control plane - interface.
I don't like the choice of two interfaces and I don't like to think about installing a different brand -component taking up valuable space for music; one system to rule them all!

Power/Energy saving mode and the ability to remotely power/on all components (servers and disk arrays).

Paramount Studio titles.

Cheers

This is a simple want but I wish there was an 'All Movies' Collection, that automatically included all movies on the system. I actually like the collections views better than the "List" view, since it has the large cover art.

Back