• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Need help, system isn't working anymore. Unable to communicate.

pickle28

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I have a Strato, Alto, Disk Vault, and Co-Star. I have only watched about 12 movies over the last few months on my new system (bought alto vault used). In the past I have been able to watch content from all sources and now nothing seems to work.

I power everything up and my movie menu is there in all it's glory. Search a title, select play movie and it appears to load and then my entire screen goes red.

Then I get this message:

"unable to communicate with the paired Strato player. Check that the State is powered on and connected to the network. If this player is no longer paired with the a Strato, press the reset button on the back to take it out of pairing mode. "

Every time this happens I have to shut everything down and reboot.

I have tried a disk from the vault, and HD download and a UHD download. I get the same result every time.

This is all still new to me and I have no idea where to even start troubleshooting.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.56.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.56.14 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.55.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 9.55.49 PM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 20
Any changes in your network? You can send a note to support and they can take a look at the system logs. SJ

Try unplugging the power from the Co-Star switch and re-plugging.

John

I agree with both of the above comments, but curious if you ever followed the message and "reset" the player (if you did, you'd have to re-pair the components). Power cycling the switch is a good first step. Typically the process of fixing these types of problems involves power cycling components, checking cables and connections, changing switch ports on your LAN (I've encountered switch port problems in the past).

Support can also be asked to get their advice.

Jim

Thanks all. I’m going to try unplugging the power on the switch and then I will do the same with the components. I will update this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crap didn’t work. I power cycled everything. They are all connected to the same switch my AppleTV, components, and Oppo are connected to and I have full connection with them.

About 5 minutes after the error screen, it seems to refresh and bring me back to this menu:

df10d6518637844ece591cf8b2448580.jpg

When I go to select a new movie, I hit enter on a title sometimes it’s quick but after the menu refresh it gets takes a good 2 minutes “Loading Details (Working)...”

21ca08168c6257e4ba2b8e37891abf66.jpg

Select Watch movie and back to the same error screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I recommend rebooting or replacing your switch? Replace the network cables as well?
Had something similar in the past and some ports of the switch I was using were defective.

I just connected the Strato direct with no switch would it work? I can try that too.

I'm going to try a different network switch and cables as well.

Thank you.

Have Kaleidescape Support look at your logs. Send them an email with the issue and include your serial numbers... I had some similar issues before and they diagnosed a network related issue.

I just connected the Strato direct with no switch would it work?

If both the Alto and Strato are set to a static IP address, you can connect them direct with an Ethernet cable. This isn't obviously a good long term solution (you won't have the vault), but it is a good way to bypass your network components and any in-wall network cables for testing.

Agree with Andy (and he would know).

Separately, I know you didn't ask, and it might just be my eyes, but if the pics you posted accurately reflect the video on your display, you might want to check color calibration. Obviously ignore this if you like the saturation levels (assuming that reflects what you are seeing there). I hope I'm not being rude!

Jim

Thanks for all the post. I have my projector professionally (ISF THX) calibrated and the images attached do not reflect the actual image at all lol. Looks vibrant but my son and I were playing some video games and the projector was on a different setting. Not movie setting.

I just got off the phone with Kaleidescape and resolved the issue. They were seeing a bunch of errors on their end in it turned out to be a handshake issue with my receiver. For some reason the menu work but it wouldn't play a title. Whenever you get a red screen it's a handshake issue.

I used a different HDMI port and it worked like is should.

I'm grateful for all the responses and recommendations.

Cory

Glad that's resolved Cory! (and thanks for clarifying the image!)

Jim

Back