• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Mysterious M700 Lighting Issue

Drhemi

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Hi All,

Thank you all for your help with my previous problem (software related). My vault works just fine and I have imported well over 700 DVDs. Blu Rays are next.

The problem I am having is that my unit has lost all of it's status/diagnostic lighting. There is no blue light indicating system is OK, no orange light to say system has an error, and no small yellow lights at the edges of the disc slot to say if it is safe to load or not. It imports discs just fine and the user and installer web pages show no problems. I've tried adjusting light intensity in the installer menu-to no avail. The power has been cycled on and off several times. System software is 4.2.0-9873. The display window is fine.

I have asked my dealer to contact Kaleidescape about this but I thought I would ask if anyone here has seen/heard of such a thing. It's very curious!

Thank you for any ideas to help me sort this out.

Wayne:confused:

Sorry my friend, that's a new one, but I'm sure support will figure it out. I would have suggested the lighting controls in the components tab, but you've already tried that....let us know how this is resolved (please).

Jim

Is it possible the connector for the front panel is not making good contact- I am making an assumption that theres some kind of connector between the fold down front panel and the main unit.

Nice call Jerry, forgot about that. I'm not at my M700 location so cannot check but there are pins and pads on the 3U door (lower right inside door), may be on the M700 as well. If they are, be sure those are aligned and making contact.

Jim

Is it possible the connector for the front panel is not making good contact- I am making an assumption that theres some kind of connector between the fold down front panel and the main unit.

Thanks, Jerry. I give it a look. The front panel pulls off similar to the 1U server I believe while the 3U opens on hinges. I'm sure there has to be a connector. I'll let you know.

Wayne

The LED's are all in the front of the unit itself and shine through the faceplate. There does not seem to me to be any lights actually in the faceplate (possibly excepting the ones for the disc slot), nor is there any obvious connector. I'll see what K support has to say.

Thanks,

Wayne

Well, I'm embarrassed to say that I now know the indicator lights are on or off depending on the remote control (not quite,but that was the key). I used the K remote to turn on the "player" and happened to go to the other room where the vault is located. Lo and behold, the lights were back on. Originally, when I first plugged in the M700, all lights were on. Now, it would seem that it is the status of the "player" portion of the M700 determines the on/off status of the lights, even when starting from a fresh boot-up after being unplugged for a few weeks. The disc vault functions without the "player" portion being on, but loses it's indicator lights such as the small amber warning lights of the disc slot stating if it is safe to load a disc or not. These lights don't function if the "player" is off, even thought the vault is functional, so there is no warning as to when to load discs (although this has not really been an issue).

I will let K support know this as perhaps there may be a software fix possible. I'm still a little confused as to why it is set up like this.

Regards to all,

Wayne

Kaleidescape have identified the lighting issue as a "bug" and will be working on a software fix to be distributed later this year. They really did offer excellent response time and feedback on this problem. I wish all manufacturers were as dedicated and responsive!

I will be moving in a few weeks and will be consolidating my 3 servers and various other K pieces into one large system. I hope it goes smoothly!

Wayne

Back