• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

My Kstore wishlist...

K-Addicted

Monster
Harlem Nights
Colors
Stand by Me
Kingpin
Mississippi Burning
Spaceballs
Misery
The Sopranos
House Party
Silence of the Lambs
Urban Cowboy (wife’s pic)

I wish I could get rid of my disc server and go all digital, but this list means to much to me! Anyone in the same boat?

Looking at my M700 here are my top 10 discs to K Store Wish List (all titles assume HD or better):

Death Race 2000 (Original Roger Corman Classic)
Ghost in the Shell (Original)
Anything Studio Ghibli
Rick and Morty
The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean
Black Lagoon Series
Hellsing Series
Harold & Maude (Criterion version)
Repo Man (Criterion version)
Archer Series

I have had this rant for a while, so here goes. We have been encouraged to upgrade/trade-in our Premiere systems to Encore. There are indications that the Premiere line will be discontinued and eventually unsupported sooner rather than later. That will leave us dependent on the k store for all content going forward.

However there are still so many holes in the store's catalog which makes it unacceptable for the true movie buff. I am just a slight movie buff and discs continue to be my primary means of acquiring content because I can get what I want for both new releases and classic titles. I purchase some movies from the store but not that many. Out of curiosity, I recently decided scrutinize what movies I had against what is offered by the store as a digital upgrade. Here is what I came up with with just 5 minutes of checking...

I guess this started by checking a particular move that happened to be directed by Rob Reiner. Not that I am a huge Rob Reiner fan, but I decided to check all of his major directorial efforts against what is available in the store. Here is the list with X's showing what is not in the store:

X 2017 Shock and Awe
X 2016 LBJ
X 2015 Being Charlie
X 2014 And So It Goes
2012 The Magic of Belle Isle
2010 Flipped
2007 The Bucket List
2005 Rumor Has It...
2003 Alex & Emma
X 1999 The Story of Us
1996 Ghosts of Mississippi
1995 The American President
X 1994 North
1992 A Few Good Men
X 1990 Misery
X 1989 When Harry Met Sally...
X 1987 The Princess Bride
X 1986 Stand by Me
X 1984 This Is Spinal Tap

So out of 19 RR directed movies, only 8 of them are available in the store. Want to show off the 'These go to 11' scene from This Is Spinal Tap, the 'I'll Have What She's Having' scene from When Harry Met Sally, etc....., can't be done from the store.

Yeah so some of these may be MGM that are coming soon and the Bond movies are still locked up by negotiations with the Broccoli/Saltzman estates but... There are still too many good movies missing from the store :(

Not to mention some of the movies available in the Kstore are not the theatrical release! Friday and Donnie Brasco are director cuts only with extra scenes I really don’t care for. Friday does say Director’s cut, but so does the disc and the disc still includes the original release we’re all used to. But you would never be able to tell unless you waste money and buy it first. I ended up deleting the digital download and went back to disc on these particular movies.

Last edited:
MGM is now in the store so take the X's off the following from my list above: Misery, When Harry Met Sally..., The Princess Bride, This Is Spinal Tap.

A good step in the right direction!

Back