• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

MX-850 Remote

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
remote-comp.gif
I'm probably one of the few that uses a standard remote, not a crestron-type panel...

If anyone is interested in a device file for the Home Theater Master MX-850 (should work on MX-800 and MX-700), mine's attached (as a .MXD file).

I've added new discrete codes to go directly to the new audio features if those are helpful to people...

remote-comp.gif

Attachments

• KscapeMX-850.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thanks Josh. I'll have to nudge K about that again as I am a HTM user as well (700, 800 and 850 - have tried both the 900 and 950 but went back to the 850). Right after Music went public, I noticed that the HTM codeset needed updating. Unfortunately, K passes the layout along to URC and they integrate it into a download update through the editor software. I just checked this morning and the IR database codeset for K in the 850's editor hasn't been updated to include the audio features. I mentioned this to Rod after Music's release and he said they'd get with URC but somewhere in the chain there was a breakdown. Like you, I updated my layout for those functions by importing from the Pronto CCF.

Jeff

josh said:
remote-comp.gif
I'm probably one of the few that uses a standard remote, not a crestron-type panel...

I got you beat - I use $7.95 remotes from Radio Shack. My 2 year old once told me she had to go to Radio Shack and get a remote. I asked her what kind of remote she needed and she said a "Kaleinescape remote". She even told my wife last time I went there to get one - busted.

I have Crestron going in the theater, but for the living room I want something that is cheap since I have a 2 year old and a newborn.

Although I have wired and wireless touch panels, I actually prefer the HTM remotes for quick navigation of the K. I just used the pronto codes and converted them to the HTM remotes.

It is really cool to use the panels but for no frills movie watching I love using the don't-have-to-look-at handheld remotes.

Welcome cmcjo!

I agree... I can fly around the HTM remote in the dark and prefer hard buttons to fancy touch panels. Touch panels have the "wow" factor, but the HTM remote is far more usable.
--josh

josh said:
remote-comp.gif

If anyone is interested in a device file for the Home Theater Master MX-850 (should work on MX-800 and MX-700), mine's attached (as a .MXD file).

I've added new discrete codes to go directly to the new audio features if those are helpful to people...

remote-comp.gif

Hi Josh,

We can not open the MXD file with MX editor.
Pls advise.

Thx,
Kartono

kartono said:
Hi Josh,

We can not open the MXD file with MX editor.
Pls advise.

Thx,
Kartono

Really? Works fine here...

you don't use "Open" to load MXD files... you make a new device, then on the left devices panel, you right-click your new "Kaleidescape" device, and then pick "Import Device"... then you can load in the MXD file.

--josh

When I try to import the MXD file it says that MXEditor cannot open the file. "The file was created with MXEditor Version 1.12. You have MXEditor Version 1.12". When I try LIVE UPDATE as it suggests, it fails.

OK. I really feel dumb. When I import the device, I then assign the device and it brings up a "Device Assign" screen and it says Used External Devices "LEXCN LGHTS MAIN MCROS" and the OK button stays gray no matter what I do. Is there something else I need to do?

Forgive me for asking dumb questions, but I have this MX850 remote and it is the 1st I have tried it. I am a certified crestron programmer, but have never done an MX850.

Well, once again I am chattering on this board, but found a solution. I just made up a bunch of devices and assigned those devices to them and it worked.

Thanks for the file and sorry for all the trouble.

No trouble at all... sorry i didn't see your earlier post asking for help.

Yeah, I guess MX Editor doesn't like that some of my macros used other devices. I have a page 2 on my Kaleidescape device pages that gives me lighting control, so that probably affected your ability to smoothly import it.

Probably would have been better for me to have stripped out all other device references and macro steps that were NOT kaleidescape before i posted the file.

If you're able to post your own, please do... looks like lots of people want help with MX-series remote pages.

--josh

Here is the MXF file with Josh stuff

Josh -

I imported your file and stripped out some stuff and created an MXF out of it as you suggested. It may help some since it can be opened directly in the editor.

Attachments

• kscape.zip
    9 KB · Views: 17
Does anyone have a workable handheld remote to control a 4 zone music player?

This is one of my very few complaints. Most of my Crestron systems include a few ML600 handheld remotes (same as HTM MX850) for controlling local TV zones. The Kaleidescape module makes no available discrete codes like we have with other music servers (Request and Escient). This is a big oversight because now it is VERY HARD to go directly to a playlist, or a genre or artist? And since there is no video output with the music zone you are kind of stuck. This problem can be transferred to keypad control as well. There are not even discrete codes in the module to allow us to select a specific zone output (of the 4 total) from a button press (remote or keypad).

This is a big issue that I hope they fix for us eventually.

TIA

Hi Josh,

Could you attched the MX Editor software.
I get dfifficulty to download it from universal Remote website.

Regards,
Kartono

hi kartono, I haven't used it in a while and changed out my computer, so I was just planning to grab it from their website like you did. not working?

Back