• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Multiple Rooms _ Encore Line

House72

Hello All

I currently have a Alto, Strato, DV700 and Co Star in my main media room. I am thinking of adding either a Strato C or one with Hard Drive in my living room as well. Will this unit be able to play discs stored on my DV700 or movies on Alto in my living room as well.

Cheers

Raj

The Strato in the living room zone ("Living Room Strato") would be able to play:
* Content downloaded from the store that resides on the HDD of any of the devices in the system (Alto, Media Room Strato, Living Room Strato)
* DVD disc content stored in the DV700

The Living Room Strato would not be able to play:
* Blu-ray disc content store in the DV700

You’d need to pair the living room Strato with another Alto and co-star unit so you could access everything, everywhere. This is the same setup I have, although I have the costar license on my Lumagen‘s rather than the physical co-star unit

Should add, I believe you might be able to pair one of the premiere units instead of another Alto but I’m not 100% as it’s been a while since I had to think about it 🤔

You’d need to pair the living room Strato with another Alto and co-star unit so you could access everything, everywhere. This is the same setup I have, although I have the costar license on my Lumagen‘s rather than the physical co-star unit
Exact setup I also have.... I actually find that we use the Alto/DV700 combo more in our family room zone vs. dedicated theater where we mostly watch newer movies which are store downloads. SJ

Thank you John for a quick response. Is there any way to get that to play BR's.
That will likely never happen. They originally wanted the Strato to be able to play BRs, but turned into a technically complex feature that they finally abandoned in favor of a costar solution. SJ

Thank you all. I will consider this while adding second zone. I am currently sitting in Zimbabwe and unfortunately was not able to access my server to download movies at my home server using holiday pricing. VPN to my rescue and 3 movies are getting downloaded.

Back