• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Multi-disc album editing

Elliot

Hi Guys

New owner here and just in the process of hammering the drive to get all my content on :)

I have a few albums on my server which are 2 disc, however the k has seen them as seperate albums, but has looked up all tracks etc. Now when i go to edit the albums the option is not there to make them 2 disc? but it is there if you start from scracth. Anyone got any helpful pointers? Thanks in advance :)

I'm a bit confused by your question. Did the system not recognise your multi-disc album originally and you added all of the metadata? The Kaleidescape server will always group multi-disc albums into one album entry in your music list unless the album does not match anything in the Music Guide. If you can post a little more detail about the problem you're having I might be able to help.

Actually, I've seen exactly what Elliot is talking about. I have what must be a more obscure pressing of Pink Floyd's The Wall and it DOES get properly recognized, but shows up as two separate discs. It's strange that it recognizes it, brings down the album art and all, but keeps it as two different albums rather than a 2-disc set.

There is a way to combine them, but unfortunately, it involves disassociating the album from the MusicData service and entering all the tracks and art and metadata on your own, which I haven't been willing to do. It also sometimes means it no longer properly shows up in the list of that band's albums, and it definitely removes the reviews, band photos, etc.

There's another answer, which is to send the album to Kaleidescape and have them update it as part of their MovieGuide service process. They'll do this, for free of course. I've done it in the past, it can take a month or so, but it does get resolved.

--josh

Thanks Josh thats exactly it :) i thought i was missing something!! i will probably just re-enter them then, interestingly in the one i did do like this i could not see how to 'link' the 2 albums. As you fill out all details you can say its disc 2 etc but how do you then link it to disc 1?

Hmmm... I assumed if you had exactly the same data for the album and used that field "disc number" properly, then it would do it. But I can't say I've tried it... only assumed that's what that was there for. Maybe you need to enter the UPC code so it's absolutely sure it's the same album? (but still choose to override the MovieGuide data if it asks). just guessing now, though.

The server itself won't combine discs into a multi-disc album -- even if you give each disc the exact same title, artist and UPC code. The software depends on the various media guides to determine when discs are part of a set. So when you enter the UPC symbol and disc numbers into the Web UI for unrecognised content, those values are sent up to the headend where the media guide people use that information to add that content to the media guide. The discs would only become linked together into a multi-disc set once the metadata is updated at the headend and the updated MG information is sent out to the servers.

This is also why you can't split apart a multi-disc album (or DVD title for that matter) without marking the disc(s) as unrecognised.

Back