• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movies Anywhere

Another way to check, determine a Movies Anywhere licensed movie via Movies Anywhere's App. Then on the Kaleidescape Store, buy that Movies Anywhere licensed movie, today or thereafter, with the understanding that the title may not port it's license over. If the movie appears, after 24-48hrs, in your Movies Anywhere digital locker, please report back to us. Otherwise, enjoy your K store purchase(s). :)

Guys, I want to see this happen as much as anyone. But without formally and expressly linking your MA account with a digital retailer, its not sensible.

The few titles I saw that were "related" to K were:

- physical discs I cataloged early in ownership in via an Alto and when UV still was active.
- these titles in MA appear as VUDU titles.

So somewhere along the line, these were UV/VUDU related licenses/redemptions, not direct K purchases.

Maybe somebody at K is doing some MA testing and THOUGHT they were working in the development environment. :D

This has nothing to do with a direct link between Kaleidescape and Movies Anywhere.

The path is: Kaleidescape > UV > VUDU > Movies Anywhere

At one point, VUDU would not pass through UV purchases from other retailers to MA, so Kscape purchases would stop at VUDU and not go to MA.

Now, anything that is shown as owned at VUDU is being added to MA. If you haven't seen this take effect, re-linking VUDU to MA should make them show up.

If you go to your transaction history in MA, they will show as VUDU purchases, not Kscape.

Now is the time for us to hit them hard with feedback to add K. Send it to MA, not K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Verizon is live on Movies Anywhere.

9jrxitd.jpg

I don't think Movies Anywhere will be viable long term. Disney was its main backer and now they can rent all their content for a monthly fee. Recurring revenue is the name of the game. There is no way anyone is making money on MA

Aye but some of their own content is already gone from D+ and headed back to Netflix. I’m well over having to pay £50 a month for lots of different services with different interfaces and different experiences. It’s a right muddle 🤯 Whether it’s MA or something else, I do miss being able to stream my movies, particularly the kids stuff

Aye but some of their own content is already gone from D+ and headed back to Netflix. I’m well over having to pay £50 a month for lots of different services with different interfaces and different experiences. It’s a right muddle 🤯 Whether it’s MA or something else, I do miss being able to stream my movies, particularly the kids stuff
I agree that this is a nice thing. However I think the same issues that killed UV will do the same to MA. Even more so now no one is buying discs. People are buying from the provider of their choice. The provider they buy from is available on almost any device. The "Need" for MA is not as critical as it was. UV was so that you could have a digital copy of a physical disc. I think the concept of MA is flawed. It allows me to have multiple accounts with the same content. Any chance at stopping people from account sharing is not possible. The providers have to provide a service with no revenue. I think the model is unsustainable. If I buy a movie on 4K blu ray and add it to MA, every provider must provide me with that content and they have received no revenue, where is the profit?

OTOH if MA fails and Kaliedescape could introduce streaming.....I think it would become a dominating force.

I was in Best Buy and the rack for discs is so small. Many years ago there were isles and isles of discs. Gone. Between Netflix, Amazon, Disney+, etc. people get plenty of content. Wonder if even iTunes at some point will have a monthly subscription to give you access to their entire library like they do with their music service. We saw what happened to the music industry over the years. Not sure how this business model would look like vs. renting/buying iTunes movies. Maybe they will charge X, take a percent off for their business and then divide what’s left based upon what you watch that goes to the various studios. Who knows! Interesting times. K may become a bit like like vinyl, but for movies. People who want the best video/audio. SJ

Out of interest anyone know the technical requirements required from the content provider through the “core/backbone” to the edge device (end user) in order to stream lossless full bitrate audio and visual?

I thought about this today and really I only care about one-way digital rights. I don't need to bring anything into K but would be much happier making store purchases if I had a way to watch them on a tablet on the go. Maybe that's an easier accomplishment than allowing everyone to get the best deal in the MA wilderness and K having to give you a copy for no additional charge. One step further would be allowing one initial import for new customers capped at a certain number of titles.

Not sure if that will work for many people. Nobody wants to buy the same movies again. I would want both way porting.

With that said, I would be willing to pay an extra convenience fee to download a movie that was not bought through the K store. Basically buy download credit for movies not bought through K store and free download credit for movies bought through the store.

Back