• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

So I have A LOT of the titles showing with updates in the list just posted but my account isn't showing any of them with updates available? I got the update for 1917 but that is it. Is there something I'm missing here??

I just checked on the K main site by just going to the listing for the movie specifically and it doesn't show anything there either. So nothing in my "My Updates" section or if I navigate to the title directly. I have the following in my account:

Master and Commander, John Wick 2, Avatar, Seven, North by Northwest, The Hangover

So I have A LOT of the titles showing with updates in the list just posted but my account isn't showing any of them with updates available? I got the update for 1917 but that is it. Is there something I'm missing here??
There must be a bug. When @steelman1991 posted about Spiderman I was surprised as it was updated with Atmos some time ago. When I started downloading the updates shown in my list, I noticed that all the HDR movies that I posted and most of the HD did not download as they were “previously downloaded“. Some of the HD ones are now downloading and as soon as they all finish I will update my listing.

Quite a few updates went, so maybe it'll take some time before everyone's individual accounts recognize and present the update? I'd give it a day and see.

Weird...I only had two updates showing from the list even though i had quite a few of the movies. The only two that should up under, updates were Avengers Infinity and Master and commander. I just looked at the download queue and infinity war said, “previously downloaded” so does that mean there was no update. 🤔

Hey Everyone -

A few things here on the number of updates you are seeing:

1) We recently improved the detection of outdated versions. So some systems should have seen a series of changes we made a while ago and your system is catching up.

2) We had a series of titles that required a subtitle fix. SJHT's experience shouldn't be uncommon.

If you are not seeing updates for these, it is likely you should already have the latest version and don’t need to worry.

Thanks @Luke !
In the meantime a new Atmos update from Fox

Been mentioned before, but it’s 2021 so... At some point would be nice to have an Update All button like we have for Buy All. Even better, selectable feature that lets you auto update any movie title and send me an email letting me know or a notification through the app.

The Call of the Wild (2020) updated to Atmos

Ferdinand (2017) updated to Atmos

Last edited:
Great addition from Fox to update the old title every week we have some that’s so great hope NBC universal have the same progress but that not K blame of course it depend on the studio also and I am sure we will see that progress from them

Thx best thread these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As noted, Call of the Wild and Peregrine - we also have an update to Spies in Disguise HDR w/ ATMOS and coming this week.
Here it is !

Now with Atmos:

Now with Atmos:
Actually a very good movie that will make you feel good and smile!

Back