• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Updates

Kostas

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
How about posting the movie updates that become available for our systems? Could such thread be of interest ?

The following movies have been updated today in my systems:

"The World is not Enough" UHD version: Audio and video improvements

"Dolittle" HD version: A Dolby Atmos audio track was added/Additional audio tracks/Additional subtitle tracks

"Birds of Prey" HD version: Added audio track: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1)

How about posting the movie updates that become available for our systems? Could such thread be of interest ?

"The World is not Enough" UHD version: Audio and video improvements

"Dolittle" HD version: A Dolby Atmos audio track was added/Additional audio tracks/Additional subtitle tracks

"Birds of Prey" HD version: Added audio track: English (DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1)

Great idea and this be the thread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve checked periodically in the My Updates section on the webpage and haven’t seen anything under the heading.....it has always read ‘Nothing Matching Titles’

Yesterday I had an update for “The Call of the Wild (HDR)” - audio and video performance improvements.

John

I’m finding it shows updates for HD versions even though I have not downloaded (only 4K version). Might be wrong and will do some more checking, but it would be nice if those did not appear. SJ

I’m finding it shows updates for HD versions even though I have not downloaded (only 4K version). Might be wrong and will do some more checking, but it would be nice if those did not appear. SJ
Not the same here. I had close to 70 HD updates but only for my other systems that mostly have HD quality movies. Maybe check if you had downloaded the special futures(supplement) of these HD versions? Attack of the Clones is an example many new special futures have been added, triggering an update.

I only posted the latest three updates that became available. FYI most HD quality Star Wars movies have been updated, same for Pixar and other Disney animated movies.

Kostas

Not the same here. I had close to 70 HD updates but only for my other systems that mostly have HD quality movies. Maybe check if you had downloaded the special futures(supplement) of these HD versions? Attack of the Clones is an example many new special futures have been added, triggering an update.

I only posted the latest three updates that became available. FYI most HD quality Star Wars movies have been updated, same for Pixar and other Disney animated movies.

Kostas

You are correct! Even though I owned the 4K versions, I use to download the HD quality because one of our zones had an older 1080P display. That has since been replaced with a 4K model. As soon as I deleted the HD versions from my system, they disappeared immediately from the Upgrade Page. Time to do some cleanup! Thanks. SJ

"Onward" HD version update:
Added audio track: Commentary by Director Dan Scanlon & Producer Kori Rae
Added extras

You are correct! Even though I owned the 4K versions, I use to download the HD quality because one of our zones had an older 1080P display. That has since been replaced with a 4K model. As soon as I deleted the HD versions from my system, they disappeared immediately from the Upgrade Page. Time to do some cleanup! Thanks. SJ
Just don’t forget that the extras, if any, are generally included with the HD download. If there are extras on any of your 4K movies that you care about, you may want to keep the HD download around for those.

Just don’t forget that the extras, if any, are generally included with the HD download. If there are extras on any of your 4K movies that you care about, you may want to keep the HD download around for those.

Mike, in another post somewhere, it was noted that you can have just the 4k movie and the extras available on your system if you trigger the 4k and the HD downloads, but then cancel the HD movie download entry in the download manager while letting the separate supplements entry continue. In that case, the extras are accessible with the 4k movie and we are not wasting space on our drives with the unused HD movie.

I've done this on my system to try it out and it works great. It would be cool to be able to have the system manage this inherently (4k movie + HD supplements only download), perhaps with a setting or option.

Yeah, unfortunately, the extras are not always in a separate download from the HD feature. Sometimes yes, sometimes no, and sometimes there are extras in the feature download and in a separate supplement download.

We agree that this is in need of improvement.

"Bad Boys for Life" HD version: Additional audio tracks/Additional subtitle tracks/Added extras

"The Gentlemen" HD version: A Dolby Atmos audio track was added/ Added subtitle track: Spanish

Kostas

“Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.” HDR version: A Dolby Atmos audio track was added.

This is the first updated 4K NBCUniversal title with Dolby Atmos.

WOW! Are the floodgates opening for NBCUniversal soundtracks? This is great to see!

John

“Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw.” HDR version: A Dolby Atmos audio track was added.

This is the first updated 4K NBCUniversal title with Dolby Atmos.

What a happy day the day I was waited for long time thanks K to bring the full joy to us

Dreamed that all Fox and NBC content get updated it’s true dream k make me think a lot in the quarantine time

"Birds of Prey and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn" HD version update:

A Dolby Atmos audio track was added
Additional audio tracks
Additional subtitle tracks
Added extras

Thanks Kostas. I had already deleted the HD version since it didn’t have any Extras. So nice, to have this heads-up about the extras being added.

John

Back