• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Store in Kaleidescape UI

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAV

A feature I would love to see is an option to browser the Movie Store in the Kaleidescape UI.

I can envision this as an even closer fit to the convenience of streaming (pick any movie) with the quality of Kaleidescape (full video and audio resolution in all its glory).

I imagine one reason this is not a priority is the time lag between selecting a movie and having it fully downloaded and ready to watch.

Still though...the Kaleidescape UI is really nice - and a uniform interface is usually a good thing!

absolutely. really silly that we can't buy movies from the device itself.

I asked a tech support rep about this a few weeks ago, specifically if the Encore line hardware could support it if they chose to implement it with a software update. He said yes, definitely.

One of my more immediate requests would be for an alphabetical sorting of the cover art screen. The current offering is pretty, for a minute or two, but really of no use to me with a larger library displayed randomly.

One of my more immediate requests would be for an alphabetical sorting of the cover art screen. The current offering is pretty, for a minute or two, but really of no use to me with a larger library displayed randomly.

If you have a control system, you can do this with the control protocol command "ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART". To undo the command, send "SHUFFLE_COVER_ART"

Unfortunately, there is no IR equivalent of the "ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART" command but there is a "SHUFFLE_COVER_ART" IR command.

If you have a control system, you can do this with the control protocol command "ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART". To undo the command, send "SHUFFLE_COVER_ART"
Can I send this command manually from a web interface or terminal program? Only 1-way IR based control in my system.

Can I send this command manually from a web interface or terminal program? Only 1-way IR based control in my system.

Yes. You can telnet (or netcat) to your player's IP address on port 10000 and issue the command thusly:

01/1/ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART:

One point to be aware of: this setting only survives as long as you remain on the Covers place. Once you navigate away to some other place (List or Collections) and return, the cover art will be back to its default, shuffled state. So you will have to issue the ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART command each time to switch to the Movie Covers place.

Yes. You can telnet (or netcat) to your player's IP address on port 10000 and issue the command thusly:

01/1/ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART:

One point to be aware of: this setting only survives as long as you remain on the Covers place. Once you navigate away to some other place (List or Collections) and return, the cover art will be back to its default, shuffled state. So you will have to issue the ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART command each time to switch to the Movie Covers place.

Why not make this an option we can turn on or off in settings?

Why not make this an option we can turn on or off in settings?

It is on the Premier line.

On a Premiere system only, the cover art shuffle can be turned off using the following steps.

Load the browser interface by visiting:
http://my-kaleidescape on a PC,
http://my-kaleidescape.local on a Mac, or a PC with iTunes installed,
or if those methods fail, http://xxx.www.yyy.zzz on a PC, or Mac, where xxx.www.yyy.zzz is the IP address of the server, or Cinema One (1st Generation).
Click on the SETTINGS tab.
Under the When browsing cover art: section select Arrange covers alphabetically by title.
Click OK to save changes.
The amount of time it takes before the cover shuffle automatically rearranges the cover art cannot be changed.

On the Kaleidescape Remote and the Kaleidescape App for iPad, the SHUFFLE button reshuffles the covers in the Cover views.

There are two related control protocol commands that can be used.
ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART arranges covers alphabetically by title in the Movie/Music Covers views and has the effect of turning off the shuffle feature.
SHUFFLE_COVER_ART shuffles (or reshuffles) the covers in the Movie/Music Covers views and has the effect of enabling the shuffle feature.
Both control protocol commands have associated IR codes.

Interesting, I can't find the associated IR code for alphabetize.

SHUFFLE COVER ART
Command code 45BA A1
Hex format
0000 0067 0022 0002 0168 00B4 0016 0043 0016 0016 0016 0043 0016
0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0043 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0043
0016 0016 0016 0043 0016 0043 0016 0043 0016 0016 0016 0043 0016
0043 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0016 0043 0016 0016
0016 0043 0016 0016 0016 0043 0016 0043 0016 0043 0016 0043 0016
0016 0016 0043 0016 0016 0016 0580 0168 005A 0016 0DC0
This command shuffles the cover art on the Movie Covers and Music Covers
views. Movies or albums similar to the item currently selected are
rearranged to surround the selected cover.
If automatic cover shuffle is off (only available on Premiere line systems),
this command is the only way to activate shuffling. If the cover art has been
alphabetized this command removes the alphabetization.

It is on the Premier line.

Interesting, I can't find the associated IR code for alphabetize.

I just downloaded the IR file from K's support section to check, and they do list the SHUFFLE_COVER_ART code, but don't show the ALPHABETIZE_COVER_ART code, at least in the version I got for RTI. They do exist in the two-way drivers that we use via TCP/IP or serial, though. Honestly, that's the way to go anyway, especially with a Kaleidescape system. The UI can be so awesome with feedback! Mine is built so that touching the dynamic image of the movie cover art causes that movie to start playing directly.

This feature request was finally implemented in 2018. Will close this thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back