• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Store down for Maintenance July 6th

Mr.Poindexter

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
On the store, there is a banner that reads:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Attention: The Kaleidescape Movie Store will be down for maintenance on July 6, 2015 9:00 PM PDT for approximately 8 hours.

Any downloads started before that time will resume once the maintenance window is completed. Questions? Email support@kaleidescape.com.
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is it wishful thinking to believe this precedes another studio coming online?

Maybe they will add "new" features, like being able to sort by price?

Would that be "back by popular demand" or something like that?

I can't remember it ever being down for this long a period so it must be something different going on. This has never happened just for adding a new studio so here is my pure speculation:

1) Adding functionality for Disney Movies Anywhere.
2) Upgrade of K servers to provide support for higher capacity of simultaneous downloads (and faster download speeds?).
3) Extensive redesign of the user interface.
4) After many year K really does have to do a major maintanance of the database.
5) Other......

It's fun to speculate. I will be curious to see what, if anything, has changed after the maintanance.

John

Or they may be needing to update the servers on the back end for 4K. While this won't be available to use right now, they will need to work that part out in advance of launch and need to do extensive beta testing. CEDIA is their main launch window and that is only a couple months away.

A partially correct answer(s) is posted above.:D

Jim

Must be a hell of a large new studio. I suspect that K is about to have a face change...

13 hours and still down. Guess sometimes, 8 isn't enough...

Well, I think its Disney plus some other updates. The Cinema One now appears to be a memory (on the site, and not a surprise), so one wonders ;) if there are some other hardware updates coming that require major updates. I would like to see a viable streaming music option (I know, VERY LOW ODDs) and a Android app, also likely long odds.

Has anyone checked their operating system on their K to see if we have a new and updated version to go along with what is hopefully a chance for Premier Line owners to purchase Disney today?

Mine did update a few weeks back. I away on a trip will post version number tomorrow. K losing some $$$ with the store being down during the day. Not a smooth update at all.

Does the fact they are not updating and date suggest this could go on for awhile? As it has been suggested, not a solid showing.

Back