• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Movie Search via List Mode & Ratings

Panamar

Hi All

Im wondering if K have any plans (or have incorporated any) in Keaos v4.0 the ability to search for a movie in list mode by using the number pad of the RC very much like the way you would select a letter in a cell phone text message?

If im in amongst the movies beginning with 'B' and want to go to 'T' I have a long way down to go, even with the 'page' scroll down button.
It would be really cool if we could press 8 once to go straight to T's or press 6 twice and go to the start of the N's.... you get it!

Now im on Keaos v4.0 and I don't have this ability (and will not receive my M500 for a week or so yet) but maybe someone already using their system with the new BD player can let me know if this has been made possible.

Another contentious issue I have is, as I understand it..... with the new v4.0 in the list mode the movie rating has been moved off screen to accomodate the cover art! Why on earth has this been done? I would have thought the rating would have taken priority over -- say the Director. Is this user definable or are we stuck with it like this??

I know you might say that rating is controllable via password protection but as the kids move 'in age' from one rating to the next, sometimes its just easier to see what everything is in full movie mode and select a movie (without having to move to the right of the screen to see whats what. Again I haven't used the new menu so it may not be as bad as I am making out! :rolleyes:

Thanks

Panamar

Im wondering if K have any plans (or have incorporated any) in Keaos v4.0 the ability to search for a movie in list mode by using the number pad of the RC very much like the way you would select a letter in a cell phone text message?

If im in amongst the movies beginning with 'B' and want to go to 'T' I have a long way down to go, even with the 'page' scroll down button.
It would be really cool if we could press 8 once to go straight to T's or press 6 twice and go to the start of the N's.... you get it!

Now im on Keaos v4.0 and I don't have this ability (and will not receive my M500 for a week or so yet) but maybe someone already using their system with the new BD player can let me know if this has been made possible.

Your system lost the multi-tap search after upgrading to KEAOS 4, or did it not work on your system before either?

Another contentious issue I have is, as I understand it..... with the new v4.0 in the list mode the movie rating has been moved off screen to accomodate the cover art! Why on earth has this been done? I would have thought the rating would have taken priority over -- say the Director. Is this user definable or are we stuck with it like this??

I know you might say that rating is controllable via password protection but as the kids move 'in age' from one rating to the next, sometimes its just easier to see what everything is in full movie mode and select a movie (without having to move to the right of the screen to see whats what. Again I haven't used the new menu so it may not be as bad as I am making out! :rolleyes:

I gave this EXACT feedback to Kaleidescape during the beta period... I was very disappointed the MPAA rating field is now defaulted off to the right. And to answer your question, we are stuck with it, there is no user-settable option for this... something Kaleidescape has always tried to avoid.

We use the MPAA Rating field all the time to select a family movie, even WITH full use of parental control levels for each of our children. I even gave the same suggestion you did, that the "Director" field is interesting and should remain, but should be a candidate for moving to the right to make room for MPAA rating field.

I hope that they'll consider this change... I was as bothered as you were by the "loss" of that field in our default view. If others feel this is important, please speak up or let Kaleidescape know. It's the one thing that really bugs me about using the M500.

--josh

Your system lost the multi-tap search after upgrading to KEAOS 4, or did it not work on your system before either?

No my system did not 'multi-tap' on v3.8 but in fairness I've never had it or seen it work before so it was rather a 'wishlist' request!? Did previous versions have a multi-tap? If they did and K removed it that would definitely be a backwards step.

I hope that they'll consider this change... I was as bothered as you were by the "loss" of that field in our default view. If others feel this is important, please speak up or let Kaleidescape know. It's the one thing that really bugs me about using the M500.

--josh

I'm also curious as to why they repositioned the ratings? Could it purely be down to ergonomics, the fact that coverart is on the left, the ratings left to much blank space on the right!!!? :confused:

K have clearly improved the system in many ways but sometimes, with somethings.... If it aint broke.....

P.

No my system did not 'multi-tap' on v3.8 but in fairness I've never had it or seen it work before so it was rather a 'wishlist' request!? Did previous versions have a multi-tap? If they did and K removed it that would definitely be a backwards step.

P.

I know it works via my Control4 remote on 3.8.x, so maybe it is an input control issue. Do you still have the "Jump..." option via the web panel?

Panamar, What type of controller do you use?

As Transepoch suspects, we've built the functionality you describe into our Control4 driver, because the keys are labeled like a cell phone (e.g. [2 ABC]).

Tom Barnett
Kaleidescape, Inc.

Hi Tom

I suspected using a different controller may have been the answer. I am using solely the Kscape controller (that is included with the M500, M300)!

Rgds

P.

Hello Panamar,

Correct - the keypad on the Kaleidescape remote is numeric only. It's used for things like entering parental control passcodes, chapter/track numbers, etc.

Tom

Back