• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Motley Crue, can someone comment on if the purchase is worth it?

No idea, but if I'm not familiar with a concert, I try to find it (or some songs from it) on Youtube.

While that won't be the same quality as the K version, it will likely give you a good idea if the concert was well-filmed, (or MTV-style,) format (3x2 or 16x9) and (at a high level) sound quality.

fwiw.

I have the concert from the K Store. Video is a very good 1080p transfer in 1.9 aspect ratio (Store says 1.78 but it is 1.90).

Audio quality is very good on both the LPCM 2.0 and DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtracks.

I thoroughly enjoyed this concert and if you are a Motley Crue fan you will want their last concert performance.

John

I have the concert from the K Store. Video is a very good 1080p transfer in 1.9 aspect ratio (Store says 1.78 but it is 1.90).

Audio quality is very good on both the LPCM 2.0 and DTS-HD MA 5.1 soundtracks.

I thoroughly enjoyed this concert and if you are a Motley Crue fan you will want their last concert performance.

John

"last concert performance*" ;-)

I am curious to see if any new content will come out of the current tour with Def Leppard, Poison and Joan Jett.

Having the HD-title "Carnival of Sins" tour would be nice to have from the store, and you get a performance from (ten?) years earlier.

One of the missed opportunities of "the Dirt" was that they didn't recreate more of those performances from early years.

For pure nostalgia alone, you take what you can get. .... and now I'm downloading "The End."

I guess the correct statement would be “last concert performance as Motley Crue”. Their contract supposedly prevents them from performing under that name. I expect to see them performing under some different name.

Enjoy the concert.

John

I guess the correct statement would be “last concert performance as Motley Crue”. Their contract supposedly prevents them from performing under that name. I expect to see them performing under some different name.

Enjoy the concert.

John
They're currently touring as Motley Crue.

I totally missed this! I guess their original “we cannot tour again do to a contractural agreement” was a total stunt.

John

Back