• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Missing marked scenes in movie store purchases

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
If Kaleidescaoe has gone to the trouble of marking scenes in older discs, why are those scenes often missing in the “upgraded” purchased movies from the store?

Example - Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (HD download) has no marked scenes at all, but the same movie on disc has several. Both versions show up as a merged single entry in the UI so the guide knows they’re have same, so why don’t the scene markers show up in the HD version?

frustrating when you choose to upgrade your movies from the store and lose things you expected to still be there. Sure, high end audio tracks is a bigger issue, but marked scenes and features are a problem as well

Paramount Pictures is the one studio that does not allow K to mark scenes. If you go through all the Paramount titles, none have scenes marked. I assume that this required by contract.

This is why I have a few Scenes files that have scenes of only Paramount movies. As I upgraded from disc to download, I copied over the K marked scenes to the new downloaded versions.

All other major studios have scenes marked by K.

John

Thanks @JohnJ , but that doesn't make sense to me. They already have the scenes marked and timecoded because they show up on the exact same movie if you imported from disc. So clearly Paramount doesn't prevent Kaleidescape from marking scenes in their movies.

Thanks @JohnJ , but that doesn't make sense to me. They already have the scenes marked and timecoded because they show up on the exact same movie if you imported from disc. So clearly Paramount doesn't prevent Kaleidescape from marking scenes in their movies.

I am just passing along what I was told when Paramount was first added back in 2017. They said that they are not “allowed” to mark scenes and that there would not be any going forward with new releases. This matches with what I have seen since.

John

The only Paramount release that has bookmarks was Gemini Man. Not sure why this one release has Scenes.

The only Paramount release that has bookmarks was Gemini Man. Not sure why this one release has Scenes.

Good Catch! I periodically check Paramount movies for scenes but I missed this one. Maybe things have changed/are changing.....

Also, it is not just marked Scenes that are missing but also marked Songs on musicals (i.e., Rocketman, Grease, etc.).

John

Also, it is not just marked Scenes that are missing but also marked Songs on musicals (i.e., Rocketman, Grease, etc.).
Yikes. That’s a bigger problem. Didn’t notice it on Rocketman but that sucks that the songs aren’t marked.

Wonder if @MikeKobb would be willing to shed any light on this? If Kaleidescape has already marked scenes and songs for dvd and Blu-ray, why can’t those be available for those same titles when downloaded?

These scenes are now gone. I went ahead and marked these myself so I could post these if there is enough interest.

John

Back