• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Misleading "Digital Offers" notification

josh

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
This drives me crazy... I log in to the store (web) and it notifies me that I have "2 new disc to digital offers available". Great, i'm interested! So I click the little button on the notification pop-up to view these offers, and i'm taken to a page with hundreds of digital offers. how do i know/find what 2 new ones the notification was about?

Note that when i get similar notifications for a new movie upgrade available, when i click the notification it properly shows me just the new upgrade it was referring to... but the notification for D2D offers is a mess... or just isn't working right for me.

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 8.27.19 PM.png

Clicking the yellow "View Digital Offers" button takes me to this screen... where are the two new ones it was notifying me about?

Screenshot 2023-05-15 at 8.27.59 PM.png

Any idea what's going on here? Seems like a notification referring to a specific number of new things to review (2 in today's case for me) should take me to a page filtered/sorted for just those two... no?

When I click on my offers, the latest are always those listed in the top left corner. I suspect that is the same for you seeing that those movies listed there for you were just added in 4K.

I’m not disagreeing that they couldn't be better marked, but I believe the first 2 (Election and Superman II) are your most recent offers.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When I click on my offers, the latest are always those listed in the top left corner. I suspect that is the same for you seeing that those movies listed there for you were just added in 4K.

I’m not disagreeing that they could be better marked, but I believe the first 2 (Election and Superman II) are your most recent offers.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was confused by this originally but I would agree with you. The newest offers are top left and then in descending offer availability order until you choose a different sort order of course.

That is a good point @Oldred... to see the latest offers listed in the top left, make sure to sort by "Availability Date".

Andy

Anyone know if there is a way to only see D2D offers? Pretty certain that used to have its own area but it all got merged into "digital offers"

…don’t think I’ve even gotten a digital offer that was not D2D?

…don’t think I’ve even gotten a digital offer that was not D2D?
in the US store I think digital offer refers to D2D and Special pricing are the price reductions or at least, that is how it seems to me. So I have taken it to mean its the offer for buying the digital version if you have the disk. As long as I know where to find things it kind of works. Not sure but perhaps if you have rented a movie then those movies show up there for the reduced price period for you to purchase but TBH I have never thought to check.

Put another way, way I've ended up doing it, is to open Digital Offers and then I literally scroll across each title image and it will say DVD, Blu-Ray or SD, HD, 4K. The offer then seems to be to either convert DVD to SD, Blu-ray to HD or higher, SD to HD or higher, HD to 4K.

I'd ideally like to see only those that are DVD to SD or Blu-ray to HD or higher. They are the D2D ones. Everything else as I read/understand it is literally a quality upgrade offer on digital titles you already own

Put another way, way I've ended up doing it, is to open Digital Offers and then I literally scroll across each title image and it will say DVD, Blu-Ray or SD, HD, 4K. The offer then seems to be to either convert DVD to SD, Blu-ray to HD or higher, SD to HD or higher, HD to 4K.

I'd ideally like to see only those that are DVD to SD or Blu-ray to HD or higher. They are the D2D ones. Everything else as I read/understand it is literally a quality upgrade offer on digital titles you already own
I hadn't noticed the upgrades in there. I know they are all flagged as they become available.

I completely agree with a view to only see disc upgrades. With 4 full pages of digital offers, it is a pain to find the disc offers in order to quickly free up a slot in my vault.

Andy

@MikeKobb can you comment on if this is working as designed?

It is, yes. Digital offers on that page are sorted by recency, most recent first. Same with updates.

Regarding being able to distinguish between Disc-to-Digital and upgrade offers, that’s something that we agree on and there are some discussions about how best to show that.

Back