• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 "Unidentified Disks"

dzagha

For some time my vault would tell me it had an unidentified disk and when I would try to eject it nothing would come out. Over time the number of unidentified disks grew to 10.

Yesterday I decided to open it up and clean the rollers. After doing so I emptied all the disks out of the vault and started the reinventory procedure with it empty. I am not showing 295 empty slots and 25 unidentified disks.

Why is the vault showing unidentified disks when it is empty?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Oddly enough, my vault had an ;error 78' and on restart is now complaining

There is 1 disc awaiting identification, 122 discs awaiting verification and 82 discs awaiting ejection.

Perhaps like Apples 'slowdown' K wants us to drop all physical media :) <joke>

My vault is now stuck on Error 78, despite a few powercycles :(

Dealer contacted, perhaps it's related to the increasing incidence of unreadable media I was seeing :(

78 SLOT_NOT_EMPTY hardware; misuse Power cycle; Contact your Kaleidescape Dealer or Support

I'm still having the same issue, I've just been living with it. I was told I would need a new vault. I'm up to 50 disks currently awaiting ejection, but the slots are empty.

M700 Failures

It is always disappointing when hardware fails and even more so when there is no sensible repair option. One of my M700 Disk Vaults recently failed with Error 32 so following a power recycle as instructed the error remains.....

Options from technical support for the out of warranty unit:-

1. Throw the unit away as it can't be repaired.
2. Return to Kaleidescape and get 25% discount on a refurbished unit.
3. Buy a new M700 Disk Vault.

At least with my Linn hi-end HIFI they had a standard charge for repairs at £750 when I needed it (only once in 15 years) since their hardware seems to be much more reliable than Kaleidescape's.

Not good especially considering the financial and environmental impacts!

I agree completely. I have a dead M700 with a "likely" drive failure. However, I have to pay £250 for a new drive and that is non refundable even if it is not the drive. And then it is as you have posted if it is not the drive.

Whilst I still love the interface and have been tempted to go for a Strato, given the issues we have had with the hardware in general, my better half thinks we should just go Vudu and Applet TV 4K.

Back