• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 ERROR 69 BUT DISC IS NOT JAMMED HELP

SHOEMAN

Hello. I'm hoping someone can help. I inserted a bluray today and it moved briefly and error 69 came up. I know something was wrong due to the sound. It was not the normal sound. Called K tech he told me error 69 was disc jammed and sent me info on how to take the cover off and clean the rollers. After taking the cover off it was plain to see the NO disc was jammed. Clear at both ends. the end that you insert and the end where it goes into the reader. Clearance all the way around By hand, I can only turn the carousel about 1/2 to 3/4 inch either way and stops. I thought I was going to have to mail it back to K for repair but was told by tech they do not do repairs nor carry parts???

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to fix it??

Love the system hate to lose it.☹️

I assume you cleaned the rollers just to be sure a bad feed didn't cause that error code. With the top open so you can watch the carousel movement, what happens when you try to load another BR disc? (I believe it will throw that same code if something is causing the carousel to be limited in movement.)

Jim

Hi Jim. There is no movement. 1/2 inch either way then error code 69. I plugged it back in with the top off and restarted it but no luck message comes back right away. The carousel does not turn on the start-up other than the 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

I responded to your PM as well, but for the benefit of others who may read this thread -- there are two "lifters" under the carousel, the purpose of which is to lift a disc up out of its slot and into engagement with the rollers. There's one at the front slot, and one at the optical drive. They look like thin little fins. When it's time to lift a disc, the lifter moves upward, through the underside of the carousel, and partially into the disc slot, thus lifting the disc out.

If a lifter fails in the "up" position, it will prevent the carousel from turning. From what you've described, it sounds like this could be the case. It might be not fully up, but far enough that it's hitting the underside of the carousel and causing it to jam.

While you have the cover off, you can take some discs out from in front of each set of rollers and look to see if the lifter is intruding into a disc slot. Unfortunately, if this is the case, there may not be a lot that can be done about it. Those lifters are driven by little servo motors, and if the motor or its control electronics have failed, that's not something that can be repaired in the field. It's possible I suppose that it might just be sticking, and that it could be possible to free it up.

Well I took out some of the Discs. It moved freely by hand. I plugged the carousel back in and it spun only to stop at the first disc that lined up with the entrance. I took out about one hundred discs and tried it again. it continued to move and spin but would stop when the first disc would line up with the entrance. I removed all the discs in the carousel and it spun freely lone it's own, no issues and is now re initializing but the carousel is empty. When finished I will insert one and see what happens

I think it may be fixed. I won't be able to work on it again until later tonight. At that point I will be able to put it back together and test. But it most definitely was the front lifter that was stopping the disc. Hopefully it works when I get it back together and I will provide my experience on the site for others. Stay tuned

Good luck on your endeavor. It definitely gives hope for my vault that doesn't want to turn (should I ever find the free time to check if a lifter needs some love.)

SO HAPPY.
Picking up where I left out. Once I had it open it was plain to see no disc was jammed or out of place. Could not turn the carousel by hand. I had about 200 discs in. I removed about 15 discs on either side of the entrance so I could possibly see the “fin” that Mike K spoke about above. I couldn’t see anything. But I did that I could now move the carousel. So I plugged it back in. The carousel turned but stopped again at the front loader and the same error came up. I then removed all the discs but one as I was not 100% certain if it was stoping at the front loader or the back reader. So with only 1 disc in I plugged it back it. It spun around quickly and the disc was located front right so it had to spin almost a whole 360 degrees to get back to the front. As it came around to the front there was a loud bang and the blu ray shook violently But went past the front where it was always previous stopping. I thought OMG. Now what. I removed the bluray and saw it was broke. A piece of it was broke off the bottom. So has to be coming from below. Took it out and plugged it back in and it started to re initialize. Then, as I looked down closely, I could see this little almost like wheel, that would come up and down each time a slot passed by the front loader. It was the same in the back another we will come up and down as it passed, the reader. I could see a little motor that was driving it. When the lifter is not coming up or down, it is very hard to see it, but you can easily see the small motor right beside it. I Turned it off, put the discs back in And turn the carrousel by hand. It would now spin all the way around even with discs in. So it became clear that the front lifter was for some reason for preventing discs from passing by. So when the single disc crashed into it and broke, it must’ve also jarred it loose, and it fell back into the down position. I’m sure the only reason that this was corrected was because I had a single disc that had a long time for the carrousel to turn and had full momentum for the disc to crash into the lifter arm. if anyone else has this problem you just might be able to tap the arm down with a thin screwdriver or something. Just knock it back in the place if possible. Bottom line it’s all put back together reinstalled, reinitialized, and working 100% I was leery to reload a disk because I had put all my discs back in place when the unit was open. Once I put the lid on the M700 and moved it back in place I crossed my fingers and loaded some blurays. Everything worked 100%. Thanks for Mike and Jim’s help. I have attached some pictures so you can try and see if someone else has one that is not working. Hopefully this will get yours working.

Love K and very glad it only cost me a blu ray to fix it. 👍🏻🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• E609335A-C095-4552-822E-885A98498417.jpeg
    E609335A-C095-4552-822E-885A98498417.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 3E438D08-8B13-4645-B6E1-CAA10AB68438.jpeg
    3E438D08-8B13-4645-B6E1-CAA10AB68438.jpeg
  • 39E09D29-E37F-4D39-AB90-97F98170B109.jpeg
    39E09D29-E37F-4D39-AB90-97F98170B109.jpeg
Just to be a little bit of a wet blanket here, before you declare 100% victory, you may want to select a disc via the browser interface and eject it from the vault to verify that:
  1. the disc can be successfully ejected; and,
  2. the kicker arm returns to its stowed position again and allows free rotation of the carousel.
Unless you've already done that. It wasn't clear from your description above whether you tried ejecting some discs in addition to ingesting some.

Excellent thought. I did... But not by design. Putting all those discs back in I put two in backwards by mistake. So it did not recognize them and I had to eject them and reload the right way. So far so good.
I was worried though. lol. hopefully, it works great for the next 10 years like it did for the first 10 years.

Back