• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M700 Disc Vault glue

denizp

Today I cleaned my M700 Disc Vault and saw glue in the corner with the big drive for the carousel. Is this normal?

image0.png
image1.jpeg

Do you have any young children with access to the vault? Looks like grape juice to me...😄

I realize the substance is not at the loading door, but these are some of the substances that have made it into Vaults, (either my experience or relayed client comments).

Peanut Butter
Butter
Jam
Blueberries
banana
milk
juice

and my personal favorite.........the jelly donut!

Jim

Seriously, maybe someone from K can comment, but I've never seen glue like that on any K component.

Jim

It’s not juice. And the Vault was sealed and never opened before. From outside everything was clean. Under the metal (where the PSU sits) is nothing and it was clean. So I think this was out of Factory. Maybe they glued it that the drive base can‘t move anymore and that the screws can‘t get loose through vibration maybe.

I realize the substance is not at the loading door, but these are some of the substances that have made it into Vaults, (either my experience or relayed client comments).

Peanut Butter
Butter
Jam
Blueberries
banana
milk
juice

and my personal favorite.........the jelly donut!

Jim
Just like this:
(start at 7:50)

Ha! At least he had a tray that provided some room for the sandwich, I'm still trying to figure out how you get some of these substances into the slot on a vault, and more importantly, why is a simple thin vertical slot on an otherwise plain White box an attraction to kids?

Interestingly, all of the vaults mentioned were fully cleaned and returned to normal use....

Jim
It’s not juice. And the Vault was sealed and never opened before. From outside everything was clean. Under the metal (where the PSU sits) is nothing and it was clean. So I think this was out of Factory. Maybe they glued it that the drive base can‘t move anymore and that the screws can‘t get loose through vibration maybe.

Understood. I've never seen that in any of the Vaults I've had open in the past, but maybe I missed it. In any case, if it is a glue mod, it's sloppy work, IMO. It still looks like a spill of some type to me......

Jim

I have opened and cleaned or repaired 5 - M700 and never seen that.

Could something dripped from overhead?

Is it sticky?

Will 409 wash it off or do you need acetate?

Could be ball bearing fluid.

The reason I think it might be a spill of some type is because of the small amount on the top of the elevated support structure (see first two photos). 99% of the substance is below that small amount on top, so I can't see any way for that to get there unless it came from above. (Unless it's The Blob!)

Jim

I have opened my own M700 a number of times for cleaning, and have seen many other K vaults opened for cleaning as well as other reasons, and I do not recall ever seeing a substance like that... truly bizarre. I am very curious to learn what you figure it out.

Andy

Back