• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

NEWS: M500 and M300 Player Price Increasing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinelife

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Administrator
⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
Authorized Kaleidescape Dealer
Effective May 1st, both M-class movie player's msrp price will increase by $500. The M500 price is increasing to $4,495 and the M300 is increasing to $2,995. If you are considering an M-class upgrade or addition you've got less than a month to save $500. (You can still receive a trade-in credit when trading in an older Player, contact your dealer for more details.)

Jim

An extra $500 on the players....I hope the forthcoming IDV doesn't get a similar increase.

Well, considering the unit essentially has an M500 built-in, I wouldn't be surprised. Apparently, parts cost have increased (that's normally the only reason K increases prices). (Speculation on my part.)

Jim

Even if the IDV price does increase I am looking forward to receiving one. I think it will be popular....the facility to batch load discs will be most useful.

I agree, looking forward to getting my IDV!!

Jim

I am also looking forward to the IDV.

I wonder if this price increase is related to the disaster in Japan...

Jim - it's a longshot, but can you ask if there's any chance owners could "pre-order" an idv to lock in the announced prices now?

Jim - it's a longshot, but can you ask if there's any chance owners could "pre-order" an idv to lock in the announced prices now?

Wouldn't be a bad idea, but unfortunately there is no announced pricing. The only pricing comment made to this point was "MSRP will be no more than $6,000," so we wouldn't know what amount to lock in.:(

Jim

An extra $500 on the players....I hope the forthcoming IDV doesn't get a similar increase.

Ill take an IDV for a $500 increase over a MDV. :)

You know the IDV will have a healthy number attached to it- but you'll be getting a lot.

I know this sounds bad, but I'm actually glad to hear a piece of A/V gear I spent money has actually gone *up* in value!

Also, I thought the IDV only batch loaded blu-rays. I have a speedreader and would hate to know it would be rendered totally irrelevant...

The MDV can only batch load BluRay. As the IDV will import DVD's and CD's in addition to BluRay via the built in M500 I expect it to be possible to load the vault and then later remove the imported discs as required once imports are completed.

I will still use a speed reader for CD's and DVD's its quicker with two drives and more convenient to load. I prefer not use a carousel more than I have to.

The speedreader is a great piece of kit... I buy a lot of CD's and TV box sets so I wait until I have 40 or 50 discs and import them all at once. I also find watching the speedreader strangely therapeutic!

That is correct, the IDV can be used to bulk load DVD's, CD's and of course BR, but it is not intended to replace the Speed Reader (to my knowledge), but I suppose it might still have that affect if SR sales decline in favor of the IDV. There are still benefits to the SR over the IDV (as noted above).

Jim

The MDV can only batch load BluRay....

True, but the OEM version of the vault can also import DVD and CD. I wonder if Kaleidescape will unlock this capability in the MDV at some point in the future? If so, then I can trade up my MP2 to another M300 player (as I don't have an M500 I still need the MP2 to import DVD's).

I doubt the functionality of the present MDV will be increased as I expect the present MDV to be discontinued at some point after the IDV has been released.

The present MDV looks somewhat incongruous when compared with other K products. Perhaps K will release a future MDV with same capacity as the IDV to their own design criteria.

I doubt the functionality of the present MDV will be increased as I expect the present MDV to be discontinued at some point after the IDV has been released.

The present MDV looks somewhat incongruous when compared with other K products. Perhaps K will release a future MDV with same capacity as the IDV to their own design criteria.
As long as it doesn't have to be plugged into a player, and they use the space occupied by the player components for additional storage, then I am very down with them putting the modular into the MDV.

Just a reminder, not much time remaining to take advantage of the 25% Player "trade-up" program before the new $500 price increase of the M-Series Players goes into affect on May 1st.

Jim

Last reminder!! Only a couple of days remaining to take advantage of current pricing for M-class Players before the new price increase goes into affect (May 1st). Contact your dealer ASAP if interested in saving $500!!!

Jim

Closing thread.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back