• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M300 HDMI CEC Support?

Ryan

Hi,

Does the M300 support HDMI CEC so I can use one remote to control everything and have the TV turn on with the player, etc?

Thanks,
Ryan

Hi Ryan,

No, we don't support CEC. In the custom installation environment, the players are used frequently with distribution systems or through audio/video processors where CEC wouldn't apply. Typically, people use a control system of some kind.

Hi Ryan,

No, we don't support CEC. In the custom installation environment, the players are used frequently with distribution systems or through audio/video processors where CEC wouldn't apply. Typically, people use a control system of some kind.
Yeah, but with CEC, picking a movie on Kaleidescape's own iPad or iPhone app could turn things on, pick the right input, and start playing it. I think it'd be pretty hard to accomplish that with most control systems, but I could be wrong. CEC would make it easy, and I agree it's a shame it's not there even as an option.

I think it should be an option. If it was available on a system like the Strato, then the new IOS app for example, would allow volume control (via HDMI),without special custom control integration. Should be an option which could be turned off for customers not requiring. SJ

A +1 from me for this. Literally just been looking for this. Not really for me but for the others in the house who seemingly struggle to remember (understand?) how to use everything

I joined this forum to do research, as I am very interested in purchasing some Kaleidescape gear. I've gotta say I'm surprised to learn that Kaleidescape doesn't offer CEC as an option for those who'd appreciate it. It was recently added to my existing TiVo hardware (yes, all via software update) and it's been a game-changer.

So, yes, please! CEC support for Kaleidescape players would be great. I've seen so many examples in installations where CEC support on other AV gear made remote control easier... in many cases allowing us to bypass any need for a control system or universal remote in the first place. Especially for less advanced users.

Yeah, but with CEC, picking a movie on Kaleidescape's own iPad or iPhone app could turn things on, pick the right input, and start playing it. I think it'd be pretty hard to accomplish that with most control systems, but I could be wrong. CEC would make it easy, and I agree it's a shame it's not there even as an option.

If it was available on a system like the Strato, then the new IOS app for example, would allow volume control (via HDMI),without special custom control integration. Should be an option which could be turned off for customers not requiring.

Yes, this, 1000x this.

Back