• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

M300 getting hot

flitebynite

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I have an M300 Player that is getting really hot. 75-77° which is almost to the yellow band. I've opened it and cleaned the dust bunnies out of it and there is no improvement. While I was in there, I confirmed the fans are both running.
Any ideas? Weak Fans?
I have another and it runs in the 55° range.
Does K have any service kits for the M300?
Thanks in advance for any insight.
Chris

Last edited:
Is it in an equipment cabinet? You may need more active thermal management in the enclosure, with maybe vents at the bottom in front, and an exhaust fan at top/rear to get airflow over all the components?

Is that player maybe located on top of something with a lot of heat, like an amplifier or controller? Might have to move the components around.

Other than that, you'll have to wait for a more tech-savvy person on the forum to respond.

If it's not what Josh suggested checking, and your fans are working correctly, there isn't much more it can be other than something on a board overheating. Most of these problems tend to be poor ventilation, with an occasional fan failure......

Jim

Thanks Josh and Jim.
I do have an equipment cooling fan system installed, but maybe it's just not enough. What gets me is the other M300 in the very same spot on top of the other component runs 20° cooler.
I'm hoping it's not getting ready to die on me. This temp rise seems recent and sudden.
Chris

One more question: Why does the M300 still report on the browser interface, Settings>Components page when it is shut off? The only thing that makes it not report is unplugging it.

One more question: Why does the M300 still report on the browser interface, Settings>Components page when it is shut off? The only thing that makes it not report is unplugging it.

I believe the power switch just turns off the front lights/display output. The system is still on and connected to the network even though it is “off”.

Back