• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Luxury A/V

I see this all the time John. Some folks just don't enjoy the movie watching experience as much as others, or even when they do they don't see the added value to a K system. Two of my better friends have no interest in K and have shared a response similar to the article you point to in the post. One is actually a Billionaire, thought nothing of looking at a $7 million home here in Honolulu, walking around the house for 20 minutes, then asking his wife for the checkbook and stopped at a table to write the check at full asking price, but he could not be convinced to buy into a K system, and he liked mine. The other friend also approaches a billion, and same response (he also bought a $5.2 mil property with a check last year).

(BTW, not sure why the "Black" card's a big deal, I've got one, as do most of my friends here, I don't think it's as exclusive as the article implies.)

Jim

(BTW, not sure why the "Black" card's a big deal, I've got one, as do most of my friends here, I don't think it's as exclusive as the article implies.)

Jim

Clearly we run in different circles too, Jim! ;-) You just mentioned that two of your friends are BILLIONAIRES! I've never even SEEN a Black Card. Guess that's why I'm kind of infatuated/enamored/bewitched by it. If you ever make it to a CEDIA, I'll let you buy me a drink. A *nice* one! :)

LOL, seriously, I know the card is "by invitation," but they seem to "invite" a lot of people!:) (Frankly, I've not taken advantage of some of the benefits, so it's no different than my other AmEx, other than the annual fee.)

Jim

Well, they aren't inviting anyone I know! :)

I made a real effort to make a run at the big spend one year, and, well, this is all I got to show for it:
http://johnsciacca.webs.com/apps/blog/show/3642115-my-25-000-plant

I called up the Platinum Concierge one day and said, "Can you get me into Club 33?" (A secret club inside of DisneyLand.) And she said, "No." And I said, "What if I had a Black Card? Could you do it then?" And she said, "You call us back when you HAVE a Black Card and we'll see what we can do." Classic!

And I'll *still* let you buy me that drink! Then at least I'll be able to say I've actually seen one!

That's funny John!:) That special "hidden" club is a lot smaller than you would think, and the food, although very good, isn't that special. I guess it's fun to talk about in Disney related conversations.

I'm currently looking at properties in the Lake Nona Golf and Country Club just to be closer to the parks because of the birth of our twins last October. At my age, I thought such things were behind me!:)

Jim

Just read your link, very funny, nice job!

As an aside, I think the minimum spending is now $500k annually, and if I'm not mistaken, the annual fee has been $5000 for a couple of years.

Jim

Last edited:
That's funny John!:) That special "hidden" club is a lot smaller than you would think, and the food, although very good, isn't that special. I guess it's fun to talk about in Disney related conversations.

Jim

I've actually been to Club 33 twice. I used to coach a high school golf team in the Bay Area, and one of the player's parents was family friends with the Nixons -- as in THE Nixons -- and they were members of the Club and they allowed us to use their membership. Sweet deal; free entry to the park in exchange for lunch or dinner. Even at the price of the meal (which I think was $75/person at the time for lunch) it was a screaming deal because you got into the park and got lunch -- with a drink! -- which is no cheap thing at Disney to begin with. I still have the monogrammed book of matches! :)

Very cool.:)

I've only been there once. I have no special access, like you just an invite.

Jim

I really just think it comes down to personal priorities. Some people have massive wine collections but won't spend a dime on other things and so forth. I know a guy who wouldn't spend more than $50 on any electronic doo dad- but hes a member at more than 4 golf courses!!! ??!!?? Lose a box of ping pong balls through a forrest? I do it a few times a year but its not my thing. Whatever floats your boat. Its all good :)

I seriously believe the benefits associated with the card are only slightly better than the card just below this level. If you are a frequent world traveler and shop abroad, dine out and entertain regularly, then there is a benefit. The one aspect of the card that I personally appreciate is that it is NEVER declined, not for any reason, even suspect spending (although at some point you "may" get an email just to check). There is a sort of peace of mind, never have to think about it, benefit. But that's about it.

Jim

Back