• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Loss of audio on Chapter change?

Dmcvie

Hi there,

Hoping the community may have an answer to this strange problem. It could be a combination of my receiver (Denon ARV-x4100) and the Kaleidescape system (Cinema One, K system -120) configs, not sure who is to blame.

Every time the chapter of a DVD changes I lose audio for 3-4 seconds. It recovers, but its annoying and causes my receiver to display an on screen UI about the new audio format (Dolby Digital). Seems to happen on all disks.

The setting in the Cinema One for Audio are:
.Preferred audio track when playing a movie: DTS
.Select your HDMI audio output preference: Automatic

It may just be a config option, but nothing I seem to select make it go away. I've turned off the onscreen display form my receiver, but the audio still drops out for 4-4 seconds on every chapter change.

Ideas?

Thanks

I don't remember ever having this issue when I had the 1st Gen C1. However, one thing you can do is change it to decode the audio in the player. Since this unit only plays DVD's and CD's it can decode everything that you can play on it internally.

John

I know the sound on my M700 usually takes up-to a few seconds to finish fading back in after pauses or changes in directions. The time it takes may be related to the time spent not rolling forward, but I've never bothered testing (same with how long it takes for subtitles to start showing again.)

Running a Denon AVR-3311ci (sadly as the switch these days.)

Thanks John,

Sounds like a good option. BTW, I'm using an HDMI connection. I don't see an explicit "decode in player", so I'm trying the "Always send multichannel audio (Dolby Digital/DTS)" option. I've tried all combinations of this and "select the preferred audio track when playing a movie" and still seeing the same issue though. Perhaps one movie will work correctly in the near future with this setting.

You are right. There is not the option of picking "player decode" on this system.

I went back and checked my wiring diagram from that time frame and it looks like I actually used the digital coax output for audio. I was feeding into my processor that I used to also feed a "zone b" and that is the way I had to do it. I can't remember if I had any problems with DTS decoding on this or not. It wasn't long after this that I added a M700 in order to play BR.

Anyway, it would be something to try. Both the coax and optical digital outputs are always active.

Interestingly, I checked for any delay when switching between chapters on my current system which uses a M700. When I change chapters on BR/HD movies I do NOT lose lock on the audio. However, when I change chapters on a DVD/SD movie I do - but it only lasts about 1s so I don't really notice it.

John

Back