• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lord of the Rings

KDeering

It was pointed out to me by a member of another forum that when you purchase the Extended Editions of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies that you also are provided with the Theatrical Cuts as well. This is something that should be spelled out and easy to understand in the Kscape marketplace. There is absolutely NOTHING that indicates this is the case and it would be very easy for unsuspecting customers to buy both when they didn't need to. I think this is especially true with the staggered release dates for the upcoming 4K HDR versions of both trilogies.

Is this the case with other cuts of films on K? I've seen other movies that are advertised as one cut vs another with both available and they don't say anything about one gets you the other.

It was pointed out to me by a member of another forum that when you purchase the Extended Editions of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit movies that you also are provided with the Theatrical Cuts as well. This is something that should be spelled out and easy to understand in the Kscape marketplace. There is absolutely NOTHING that indicates this is the case and it would be very easy for unsuspecting customers to buy both when they didn't need to. I think this is especially true with the staggered release dates for the upcoming 4K HDR versions of both trilogies.

Is this the case with other cuts of films on K? I've seen other movies that are advertised as one cut vs another with both available and they don't say anything about one gets you the other.

Great Kris to bring this here and I will post the image from my store page to make it easy to answer

Wish It come clear as I just upgrade the fellowship and wait to make the other clear to make one time upgrade

c21471b9dbe7cb5a04524ce967bc2bbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is unfortunately not the case. Tried it earlier by preordering the HDR upgrade of the extended version of Two Towers. The HDR upgrade of the theatrical version was still for purchase.
When released on the K store, the HD versions on the Store had to be bought separately(I have both),the Extended version though was released in BD months or weeks after the Theatrical so I guess there was no choice.
I now see that the 4K physical disk trilogy includes both versions so I agree with you it would be nice if K can provide the theatrical version bundled with the Extended.

It is unfortunately not the case. Tried it earlier by preordering the HDR upgrade of the extended version of Two Towers. The HDR upgrade of the theatrical version was still for purchase.
When released on the K store, the HD versions on the Store had to be bought separately(I have both),the Extended version though was released in BD months or weeks after the Theatrical so I guess there was no choice.
I now see that the 4K physical disk trilogy includes both versions so I agree with you it would be nice if K can provide the theatrical version bundled with the Extended.
Agree. The entire trilogy in both cuts is only a couple dollars more than a single movie in both cuts on K if you buy the 4K Blu. Makes that a really hard pill to swallow. We’ll see how it all pans out next month.

So, the theatrical versions will be HDR & Atmos but the extended will be HDR and no Atmos... Am, i seeing this correctly? Why????🤔

No, there are two extended versions that don’t show the audio for HDR versions yet (only listing BR quality audio). I am pretty sure these will be Atmos when they are updated.

John

Last edited:
I had the same question. Are extended versions in Atmos or not? Also, do we get regular versions when we buy extended versions, given that’s how physical discs are sold?

I had the same question. Are extended versions in Atmos or not? Also, do we get regular versions when we buy extended versions, given that’s how physical discs are sold?
While we can upgrade ahead of release date or preorder the extended versions, details such aspect ratio soundtrack are not there yet(for most). Check the "Two Towers" Extended, the UHD version details are there and is in Atmos. So same as @JohnJ I am certain these will be Atmos when updated.

Screenshot 2020-11-27 at 06.05.34.png

Not for the time being, you have to buy both.

It probably depends on whether the extended stuff was a separate release or not. The Fast & Furious movies have both in the store, but they automatically give the other when you buy one (not sure what would happen in a "buy all" situation.)

i have the normal and extended versions of all 6 Hobbit & LoR films. Got upgrade pricing on extended on all except Hobbit 1 and LoR 3. Anyone else have that issue?

i have the normal and extended versions of all 6 Hobbit & LoR films. Got upgrade pricing on extended on all except Hobbit 1 and LoR 3. Anyone else have that issue?
I have for all the LoR. Hobbit 1 is still in HD(4K version is still missing) reason why you don't see it.

“Lord of the Rings“ is now showing on both Vudu and Apple with separate bundles for the Standard version and Extended version that must be purchased separately. It looks like digital versions do not offer both versions together as is done with the disc release.

John

Pre-orders of "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy(theatrical cut) are downloading now for release tomorrow.

Hey Everyone -

Just confirming what some of you have noticed: The Extended and Theatrical cuts of Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit are identified by the studio as separate films and will be separate purchases. There in not currently a discounted price available to order both versions.

Theatrical versions are ready to go out tomorrow - but the logistics of the deliveries does not allow us to have the extended editions on the same date. We have projected a 12/15 release, but my team will do everything they can to get the titles live sooner.

While in process for revision and review, the audio tracks don't always properly reflect what the final available audio version will be. All UHD and UHD HDR versions will have ATMOS on release.

Luke

I have for all the LoR. Hobbit 1 is still in HD(4K version is still missing) reason why you don't see it.
Thanks, makes sense then for Hobbit 1. No idea why I don't see upgrade pricing for LoR RoTK though. I own both theatrical and extended HD versions. Any ideas @Luke please?

I think the entries in the store are in flux while everything goes through. I see the same where upgrade pricing is missing on a few titles where I have the blue check mark.

Thanks, makes sense then for Hobbit 1. No idea why I don't see upgrade pricing for LoR RoTK though. I own both theatrical and extended HD versions. Any ideas @Luke please?
PM me your account details and I can take a look.

Is there a reason that two of the Hobbit movies are 36.99 upgrade?

Should be a store issue. I’ve reported it as I see it on my account as well for a few of these titles.

Back