• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Lord of the Rings

Yeah, I removed them also and would have to go digging in storage for the discs. Decided to just pay and now enjoy....
Same here. Removed them in 09.23.2013 when I d2d to empty slots in my vaults back then. Go to my storage and dig them out would directly and indirectly cost me more. And it's 30°F here....I also don't know if it would work when in vault and fully ripped in my 1U+, I don't have an Alto.

However it's interesting that from a Theatrical Cut BD disk we can get the same upgrade offer for both editions.

Random question for the group. I purchased/downloaded he Extended editions of all 6-films; any benefit to also purchase the original/theatrical?

I'm an extended version person. Once obtained, I don't ever watch the theatrical release. IMO, theatrical releases often leave out scenes that help explain other aspects of the film, or at least add to character development that helps us better understand the motivations of the characters presented in the film. This is usually done in order to meet some length of film concerns or requirements, and while I do understand they are trying to keep the audience interested throughout the film, or meet some theater timing requirements, these deleted scenes often leave us with questions, intentionally or not.........

One example that comes to mind is the 20+ yo old film "Boogie Nights" (Mark Wahlberg). I believe the theatrical release was in the 2.5 hour range, and some folks complained it was too long. I watched that release at the original Premiere, but had also seen a version that was 3+ hours before it was released (albeit with the editing timer in place, which I always find distracting), and I thought the longer version was much more entertaining, did a better job with the characters, and actually held my interest better. (Others associated with the film agreed.)

Jim

Back