• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

looking to expand 6tb

muchado23

hi all, i have a strato c 6tb..

whats the cheapest way to add another 6tb? running out of storage..

thanks

kamran

4K HDR is supported only on Strato/Strato S/Terra/Compact Terra. Compact Terra 6TB is the least expensive and current model among these. Strato 6TB or Strato S 6TB could be slightly less expensive on the used market. If you don’t care for 4K HDR, Alto 6TB can expand SD and HD storage for considerably less. Another alternative is to delete the content you rarely watch to free up space. You get unlimited cloud storage from Kaleidescape for free. You can always re-download anytime unlimited times.

Thank you so much. This is super helpful and the best explanation I’ve heard. i am happy to use alto 6tb, will that just plug into my strato s?

You have two options, you can connect the Alto to your network anywhere. Strato C will see content seamlessly using your network. Second option is to get to connect them to each other. You will need a CoStar switch from Kaleidescape for this. This will allow you to use the built in disc player on the Alto for Blu-ray discs. Please note that the discs can’t be imported to the Kaleidescape Terra or Alto.

One additional factor to consider that may be relevant to you: if you were to add a Compact Terra, you would gain significantly higher download speeds. If you have a fast Internet connection, it can make a very big difference. Plus of course all of the storage will be able to be used for 4K content, which is not the case with the Alto.

My vote also would be for a Compact Terra. Although an Alto would be significantly less expensive, it is not future proof.

Back