• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Looking to change Speakers

House72

Hello All

I curgently use a Lyngdorf MP-60 and use all Seaton speakers set up. LCR - Catalyst 12 c and surrounds/overhead sparks and Dual Submersive HP+ and LFE SVS PC -2000 Pro.

I am looking to change all the speakers except SUB and LFE. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Thank You. I will try and see the pricing. What do you currently use for Processor and Atmos speakers?

I have the Trinnov Altitude 16 processor, Genelec 8341A for ear-level wides+surrounds, and GoldenEar SuperSat 50 for tops. The Genelecs are coaxial speakers so I hope they are a good match with the Seaton Catalyst.

I was also looking at Pro Audio Technology and see if they carry any Atmos speakers for me to try them first, I dont know if anyone here has any experience with those.

I've always been impressed with Pro Audio Tech's speakers, which is why we offer that brand. I use their speakers in the my FL theater, and have always been very happy with the performance. I use the 25ica's as my in-ceiling Atmos speakers. Probably overkill, but those work for me.

Jim

Got it, respond shortly!

Jim

I have no experience but have a quick question. Is it preferred to have the in ceiling speakers with a back box?
I'm not sure. This would be my first foray into ceiling mounted speakers.
Maybe someone else has more experience with these types of speakers.

I have the Trinnov Altitude 16 processor, Genelec 8341A for ear-level wides+surrounds, and GoldenEar SuperSat 50 for tops. The Genelecs are coaxial speakers so I hope they are a good match with the Seaton Catalyst.
I second this approach with the Genelec speakers.

Another option is JBL M2 or SCL-2 for LCRs and SCL-3 or SCL-4 for surrounds and backs and SCL-5 for Atmos.

I had the catalysts a while back; I went through a few brands since then. I eventually landed on Alcons, and have been pretty thrilled with them.

My mind keeps thinking about theory audio. I am also looking to buy a new home and that may impact my speaker choices.

I am in the process of selling my home and looking for my new home. Once I finalize looking for a new media/theater room is on top of the list

Back