• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

Looking for a Control4 programmer

Substance

⭐️⭐️PATRON⭐️⭐️
I am looking for a Control4 integrator/dealer/programmer for the following (existing) setup. I used to program my URC MX-6000 and MSC-400 myself. I can work with a remote programmer. Please let me know if you know a programmer/dealer. Thanks.

Device List:

Display:
  • Sony XBR-77A9G - IP Control
Audio Processor:
  • McIntosh MX121 - IP Control
Audio Source:
  • McIntosh MB100 - IP Control (Autonomic MMS-2a interface)
Video Processor:
  • Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348 - 2-Way Serial*
  • Lumagen Radiance 2144 - 2-Way Serial (Daisy chained to 5348 to add more inputs)
Video Source:
  • Kaleidescape Strato with CoStar - IP Control
  • Oppo UDP-203 - IP Control
  • Oppo BDT-101CI - IP Control
  • Apple TV 4K - IP Control
  • Integra DHS-8.8 - 2-Way Serial**
  • JVC HM-DT100 VCR- 1-Way Serial***
  • Pioneer HLD-X0 Laserdisc Player - IR****

*Might get IP Control via hardware upgrade soon but 2-way serial is also fine.
**Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD clone. Serial protocol document in hand.
***JVC JLIP adapter and serial protocol document in hand. Perhaps IR is also ok.
****Xantech 794 integrator in hand to control it with the 3.5mm port in the back.

I am looking for a Control4 integrator/dealer/programmer for the following (existing) setup. I used to program my URC MX-6000 and MSC-400 myself. I can work with a remote programmer. Please let me know if you know a programmer/dealer. Thanks.

Device List:

Display:
  • Sony XBR-77A9G - IP Control
Audio Processor:
  • McIntosh MX121 - IP Control
Audio Source:
  • McIntosh MB100 - IP Control (Autonomic MMS-2a interface)
Video Processor:
  • Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348 - 2-Way Serial*
  • Lumagen Radiance 2144 - 2-Way Serial (Daisy chained to 5348 to add more inputs)
Video Source:
  • Kaleidescape Strato with CoStar - IP Control
  • Oppo UDP-203 - IP Control
  • Oppo BDT-101CI - IP Control
  • Apple TV 4K - IP Control
  • Integra DHS-8.8 - 2-Way Serial**
  • JVC HM-DT100 VCR- 1-Way Serial***
  • Pioneer HLD-X0 Laserdisc Player - IR****

*Might get IP Control via hardware upgrade soon but 2-way serial is also fine.
**Toshiba HD-XA2 HD-DVD clone. Serial protocol document in hand.
***JVC JLIP adapter and serial protocol document in hand. Perhaps IR is also ok.
****Xantech 794 integrator in hand to control it with the 3.5mm port in the back.
There may be some individuals here that can help, but have you tried joining C4Forums? I believe they have a remote programmer thread with recommendations from a pretty large base. I know when I was looking at C4, there was a lot of good information there.

Thank you for the great suggestion! I will do that.
How do you like your C4?

You might consider using IR control of your Apple TV... The IP driver is notorious for falling off line, and then requires some fuss to get it reconnected. (Literally happened at my own house last night!) We have gone back IR for most of our C4 installs. You just need D-pad, play/pause, and menu, so it's a simple control scheme. Just a suggest...

You might consider using IR control of your Apple TV... The IP driver is notorious for falling off line, and then requires some fuss to get it reconnected. (Literally happened at my own house last night!) We have gone back IR for most of our C4 installs. You just need D-pad, play/pause, and menu, so it's a simple control scheme. Just a suggest...
That’s a good suggestion. I prefer serial or IP over IR for reliability plus 2-way feedback but it is not a must. I just hate IR blasters taped in front of the components but my Apple TV is hidden inside the closet anyway.

Thank you for the great suggestion! I will do that.
How do you like your C4?
I actually went with a Crestron system as I much preferred the Horizon lighting line and ended up preferring the interface of Crestron Home. So ultimately that is the path my wife and I chose. I also have the ability to program in both Home and Simpl, however, if that was not a possibility I for surely would have ended up with C4. Via remote programming (which really just means they setup the devices), the homeowner is able to take total control of the system and implementation. If you are that type of individual, it would be the way I would go. If you are a set it and leave it, then any of the big systems will work perfectly (RTI/C4/Crestron).

I found my C4 programmer from this forum. I can ask him if he will be able to help. I was on IR for Apple TV but last 1 year moved over to IP. It does occasionally get disconnected. Other than that enjoying my Control 4.

Cheers

Raj

I actually took Bauer’s advice and found someone at C4forums. I will report here once I have it setup and going.

Anyone have any experience with Nvidia Shield on C4? My programmer told me I can have direct shortcuts to Netflix, Prime etc.. on Shield but can‘t on Apple TV.

Anyone have any experience with Nvidia Shield on C4? My programmer told me I can have direct shortcuts to Netflix, Prime etc.. on Shield but can‘t on Apple TV.
That is true even for me, I use Roku and Apple TV. Roku I have short cuts. Apple TV my programmer said not possible.

I was just considering upgrading my ATV 4K 1st gen to ATV 4K 2nd gen (2021). Maybe I should just get an Nvidia Shield Pro for better integration with C4?

I use my ATV 4K only for YouTube, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, Paramount Plus (Previously CBS All Access) and only for the occasional exclusive content like ST:Disco, Picard, SW:Mando and such.

Is there any reason to stay with Apple TV? Perhaps keep both?

I just kept both. I see no reason but had both and so ended up using both.
I was just considering upgrading my ATV 4K 1st gen to ATV 4K 2nd gen (2021). Maybe I should just get an Nvidia Shield Pro for better integration with C4?

I use my ATV 4K only for YouTube, Netflix, Prime, Hulu, Disney+, Paramount Plus (Previously CBS All Access) and only for the occasional exclusive content like ST:Disco, Picard, SW:Mando and such.

Is there any reason to stay with Apple TV? Perhaps keep both?

I’m new here. Don’t even own a Kaleidescape system (yet 😁). I do have a C4 system, and Ari has been doing remote programming for me for about 2 years. He just added an Apple TV 4K for me last week. He recommended IR and it’s been working perfectly. I also have a Shield. The only reason I added the Apple was for some of the newly released Atmos music that Tidal didn’t have (e.g. Sgt. Pepper and Pearl Jam).

Anyway, back to my original point… thumbs up on Ari for remote programming.

Back