• Thanks for visiting the Kaleidescape Owners' Forum

This forum is for the community of Kaleidescape owners, and others interested in learning about the system, equipment, services, and the company itself.

It is run by a group of enthusiastic Kaleidescape owners and dealers purely as a service to this community.

This board is not affiliated in any way with Kaleidescape, Inc.
    For official technical support, product information, or customer service, please visit www.kaleidescape.com

• You are currently in "Guest" mode and not logged in with a registered account.

The forum is free to use and most of the forum can be used by guests who are not registered....

... but we strongly encourage you to register for a full account. There is no cost to register for a full account.

Benefits of registering for a full account:

• Participate in the discussions! You must have a registered account to make posts on the forums. You will be able to start your own thread on a topic or question, or you can reply to other threads/discussions.
    • Use the "Conversation" feature (known as "private messaging" on other forums) to communicate directly with any of the other users here.
    • Access the Files area. The "resources" area of the forum contains many "Favorite Scene" and Script files that can dramatically increase the enjoyment of your Kaleidescape system. Go directly to great scenes in your favorite movies, created by other owners, and add automation to playback of your system with Scripts.
    • You won't see this annoying notice at the top of every screen!😊

It's easy and free to register for the forum. Just click the "Register" button in the upper right corner of this page, and follow the instructions there.

loading scripts

ht guy

⭐️ Premium ⭐️
When I load a script, it only loads scenes that exist in my library.

That's not unexpected, but I can see that I somehow was able to load the Marvel Chronological script, even though I don't (yet) own any MCU titles.

Is it possible to load scripts where you don't have all of the scenes? I wouldn't have thought so, but it looks like somehow, I did.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.29.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 5.29.19 AM.png
    270.3 KB · Views: 40
Yes, you can load scripts where you don’t have some of the movies. It just won’t add those scenes to the script. If you don’t have any of the movies in the script it should have no scenes. Does the above script actually play?

John

A script is a small .dat file that points at media objects on your system, and does NOT include those media objects. You can download and import any script file (as you found out), but when the media object is not present on your system, the script will skip that step. In your case, the Marvel Chronological script will skip all steps (since you do not own any MCU titles).

Keep in mind that the media object for each step must be an EXACT match. If you import a script that uses HDR movies for each step, it will not play the HD equivalent (since the K system sees it as a totally different media object). The same would hold true for an extended version vs. standard version, or director's cut vs. theatrical cut, etc.

Andy

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Very helpful.

My confusion was that when I imported scripts where I had some titles, the script was imported, but only for available scenes (and with no scenes showing "step unavailable") - but then when I imported a script where I had none of the scenes, the imported script shows all of the scenes with "step unavailable."

I've not been able to figure out if it is possible to import scripts where I only have some scenes in their complete form, and showing "step unavailable" where the exact scene is not present (my preference - understanding that it won't play scenes I don't actually have in my system.)

Last edited:
I am trying to create a new script that is made up from other scripts. So I exported each of the 3 scripts (creating .dat files) and when I try to import them into the new script, everything seems to work, but the imported script contents never shows up in the new script. I'm sure it must be me since this feature has been around a while (though I have never tried it).

Assistance requested.

Hi-jacking for a script question myself. I had a few scripts, 2 I downloaded and 1 I made, that worked fine when I did it. Now on my system it doesn't even show the Script option for me to play them. I went on my computer and they're still there, so was curious how to go about refreshing whatever is causing the Strato not to see them.

I am trying to create a new script that is made up from other scripts. So I exported each of the 3 scripts (creating .dat files) and when I try to import them into the new script, everything seems to work, but the imported script contents never shows up in the new script. I'm sure it must be me since this feature has been around a while (though I have never tried it).

Assistance requested.
I have to admit that I haven’t tried to export Script files and then re-import multiple files to one single Script file. I am not sure if this works or not.

What I have done is link Scripts together by “Add Step”-—> “Play Script“ command to link together two or more Scripts. You can also copy scripts to a new script and edit the content or order of steps so it matches what you intended.

I hope this helps.

John

I have to admit that I haven’t tried to export Script files and then re-import multiple files to one single Script file. I am not sure if this works or not.

What I have done is link Scripts together by “Add Step”-—> “Play Script“ command to link together two or more Scripts. You can also copy scripts to a new script and edit the content or order of steps so it matches what you intended.

I hope this helps.

John

Thanks. I tried copying multiple scripts to a new script and that didn’t work but “Add Step” and make the step another script should work since that is basically what I am trying to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi-jacking for a script question myself. I had a few scripts, 2 I downloaded and 1 I made, that worked fine when I did it. Now on my system it doesn't even show the Script option for me to play them. I went on my computer and they're still there, so was curious how to go about refreshing whatever is causing the Strato not to see them.
Sounds like you just need to re-import them to your Strato.

John

Thanks. I tried copying multiple scripts to a new script and that didn’t work but “Add Step” and make the step another script should work since that is basically what I am trying to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did the first script load OK and then nothing on the 2nd and 3rd? The first time should have worked.

John

Back